Author Topic: Tea Party militant rapes daughter  (Read 5290 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Tea Party militant rapes daughter
« on: April 24, 2012, 11:52:16 am »
A Tea Party supporter and member of the right-wing anti-government militia group known as the Oath Keepers has been convicted of raping his own daughter in Oklahoma.

Charles Dyer, a former Marine, was convicted by a jury of his peers which recommended that he be sentenced to 30 years in prison. It was the third trial for Dyer, the first resulting in no verdict and the second being declared a mistrial. Radical right-wing groups heavily supported Dyer, accusing the government of being out to get him. Dyer himself has issued conspiracy theory laced diatribes on Youtube and in emails, accusing the judicial branch of pushing him to his limits and threatened to commit violence against court officials and the police.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/23/oklahoma-tea-party-supporting-oath-keeper-convicted-of-raping-daughter/

And the Teabaggers will still scream persecution. Yeah, the guy raped his kid and stole grenades from a military base with intent to use. Treat him like the terrorist he is.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
Re: Tea Party militant rapes daughter
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:58:49 pm »
if this knuckle-dragger raped his daughter then the Government damned should be out to get him.

Here's a hint Teabaggers -if you commit or plan to commit crimes, "they" will be out to get you ...as they should.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 02:30:36 pm »
Family Values in action
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 04:16:13 pm »
Keepin' it in the family.

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 04:34:58 pm »
>caught committing crimes
>threaten violence

JEENUIS. In fact, isn't threatening violence against the government also a crime?

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 04:38:35 pm »
It's OK.  It's what the founding fathers would have wanted.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:16:56 pm by Old Viking »
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 07:58:11 pm »
Hmm, remember how the right desperately tried to smear OWS as a group of rapists? Payback's a b*tch.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 08:18:33 pm »
Didn't you hear? A 15 year old OWSers murdered his parents. All OWS support murder!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 08:28:25 pm »
This man is a scumbag and got off far lighter than a Muslim or other minority would have in the same situation, which is not cool. It is good that he's been convicted and will be going to jail.

HOWEVER

While I disagree with the Tea Party's ideology, tone, and rhetoric, the fact that this man agreed with them doesn't reflect on them in my view any more than BTK reflects poorly on the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America or Robert John Bardo, Mark David Chapman, and John Hinkley, Jr. reflect poorly on J.D. Salinger. Scumbags and the mentally ill come in all forms and any sufficiently large sample is going to have at least one rapist or murderer in it. If it is not OK for righties to point to rapists or violent elements in OWS and use them decry the whole movement, then it is not OK period.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:32:34 pm by Kit Walker »
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 08:42:17 pm »
^ It's called an "ironic echo"

The idea is that, even if you don't agree with it, when someone applies faulty logic to something, you throw it back in their face when you can.

This is one of those opportunities.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 09:01:22 pm »
If it is not OK for righties to point to rapists or violent elements in OWS and use them decry the whole movement, then it is not OK period.
Which wasn't what I was trying to do. I'm saying that their argument (which is illogical, poorly conceived and centers around guilt by association) cuts both ways. If a handful of rapes happened at Occupy events (and actually weren't even perpetrated by OWS members, but that's another discussion altogether) can be used to smear all of OWS, then a Tea Partier who rapes his own daughter makes the entire Tea Party guilty of rape and incest. Of course I would never actually make that argument because it's ridiculous.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 09:06:05 pm »
One could call it a practical form of "Argumentum ad absurdium" (or however you spell that last damn word.  Absurdium sounds like a type of metal.)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 09:06:19 pm »
If it is not OK for righties to point to rapists or violent elements in OWS and use them decry the whole movement, then it is not OK period.
Which wasn't what I was trying to do. I'm saying that their argument (which is illogical, poorly conceived and centers around guilt by association) cuts both ways. If a handful of rapes happened at Occupy events (and actually weren't even perpetrated by OWS members, but that's another discussion altogether) can be used to smear all of OWS, then a Tea Partier who rapes his own daughter makes the entire Tea Party guilty of rape and incest. Of course I would never actually make that argument because it's ridiculous.

Pretty much this.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 09:22:59 pm »
Ever wanted to know what the true face of the tea party looks like?

It looks ugly as fuck!

EDIT: To be fair most of them actually look like the folks over at the Morons with Signs blog, but the movement definitely seems to have a small, but violent and very nasty element
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:26:52 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 10:20:52 pm »
But I thought only the OWS protesters were rapists?