Author Topic: Avatar: The Legend of Korra thread?  (Read 4629 times)

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
Avatar: The Legend of Korra thread?
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:39:11 am »
Note: This series is a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you haven't watched first series, I highly recommend you do so. It is, in my opinion, one of the greatest animated TV shows ever made, and you will enjoy this series a lot more if you watch it beforehand. You can watch it on Netflix right now.

It's about time we had a thread for this show. I was going to make one of these right before the episode 1 premier, but I never got around to it.

Episode 4 aired yesterday. If you haven't been following the show and you want to catch up, you're going to have to make a trip over to The Pirate Bay, because I don't know of anywhere you can watch the episodes online that doesn't have shit-tastic video quality. New episodes air at 11am Eastern time every Saturday, and reruns show at multiple times throughout the week.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SDCC '11 Teaser Trailer
Nickelodeon Upfront Trailer
Season 1 Trailer

Nick has this cool flash game that give you info on the people and places in the series. You can check it out here.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are links to all of the episodes currently on Nick.com. New episodes usually take a while to get put up after the episode airs. The video quality will scale to your internet speeds, so if you have a slow connection, it may look terrible. THESE LINKS WILL ONLY WORK IN NORTH AMERICA. Blame Nickelodeon.

Ep. 1 - Welcome to Republic City
Ep. 2 - Leaf in the Wind
Ep. 3 - The Revelation
Ep. 4 - The Voice in the Night
Ep. 5 - The Spirit of Competition
Ep. 6 - And The Winner Is...
Ep. 7 - The Aftermath
Ep. 8 - When Extremes Meet
Ep. 9 - Out of the Past
Ep. 10 - Turning the Tides
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:45:43 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline Heretek

• Neonate
Re: Legend of Korra thread?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 06:24:12 am »
I'm watching episode three now, and I have to say that I'm loving the show so far. The music is especially brilliant, one of the standout aspects, but I also think the character design and visuals are great, not to mention voice acting.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:08:21 am »
I liked Avatar: The Last Airbender and I'm planning to watch Legend of Korra at some point. I seriously doubt they'll ever show it in Finnish tv though...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:53:04 pm »
I liked Avatar: The Last Airbender and I'm planning to watch Legend of Korra at some point. I seriously doubt they'll ever show it in Finnish tv though...

Can you tell me if this link works in your country? I've heard that the Nick.com links don't work outside the US.

(Anyone else not in the US can also respond, instead.)

Clicky Clicky

I went searching through the page source code to find the URL to the video itself. This should work, since it bypasses the website entirely and links directly to the Viacom servers. The quality of the video itself continuously scales to your internet speeds, so if you don't have a very good connection, it might look terrible.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:13:50 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 01:40:40 pm »
"Sorry, this video is unavailable from your location."

Well I guess I'll have to rely on torrents.

(You know unless I can get a dvd-box or something.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »

Well I guess I'll have to rely on torrents.

(You know unless I can get a dvd-box or something.)

Alright, try this one.

http://media.mtvnservices.com/player/prime/mediaplayerprime.1.11.3.swf?uri=mgid:cms:episode:nick.com:1118289

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 02:10:41 pm »
Alright, try this one.

http://media.mtvnservices.com/player/prime/mediaplayerprime.1.11.3.swf?uri=mgid:cms:episode:nick.com:1118289

Don't worry, I'll find a way to watch the episodes.