Author Topic: It's finally happened, we're outsourcing the Job Creators now.  (Read 2463 times)

Distind

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/citizenship-sale-foreign-investors-flock-092400861.html

The short version is we're having a record number of 'foreign investor' visas granted this year, In exchange for citizenship they have to create 10 jobs over the course of 3 years.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: It's finally happened, we're outsourcing the Job Creators now.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 02:23:23 pm »
> 10 jobs over 3 years

wooooow... those are some job creators all right!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 02:50:59 pm »
So, we'd only need about...what, 3 million of em to eliminate unemployment?  Well, China, what are you waiting for?  GET TO WORK.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Distind

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 02:53:06 pm »
So, we'd only need about...what, 3 million of em to eliminate unemployment?  Well, China, what are you waiting for?  GET TO WORK.
We only allow up to 10k per year. Though they are thinking that we might actually hit that ceiling next year.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 03:17:36 pm »
We only allow up to 10k per year. Though they are thinking that we might actually hit that ceiling next year.
so that is 30 thousand jobs and most likely going to hurt domestic jobs

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 04:02:55 pm »
Bringing in foreign investors to bolster domestic employment and GDP is not a new tactic.  Other countries have similar programs, and the EB-5 visa category has existed in U.S. law since 1990.

How well such programs work is a matter of some dispute.  I can tell you that here in New Jersey, a number of retail business are immigrant-owned.  They have generated a fair amount of tax revenue, but I'm not really sure what overall effect they have had on employment.  To their credit, they have mitigated some of the urban blight that has faced NJ cities over the years.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 05:08:32 pm »
I am undecided about this O_o
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 06:26:31 pm »
I am all for anything that allows more immigrants in. Restricting where people can live based on what side of an arbitrary line they were born on is moronic.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 06:29:25 pm »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/citizenship-sale-foreign-investors-flock-092400861.html

The short version is we're having a record number of 'foreign investor' visas granted this year, In exchange for citizenship they have to create 10 jobs over the course of 3 years.

Uh… Yeah.

-A Pen Name

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 06:37:42 pm »

A whole ten jobs, huh?  WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT, BLOOD? 

Maybe they should be required to invest in our nation's infrastructure by purchasing at least five coffees over the next ten years from a 7-11. 
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 03:29:54 am »
From my point of view foreign investment is a good thing, but I live in a country that has a vastly different economy from America. I think the 10 job limit is a little too low personally, but in order to really come in on a foreign investment visa you are probably looking to start up a reasonable business with some decent capital so I assume most would go well beyond the 10 jobs. Of course that is entirely speculation on my part. Honestly I don't know if it would be good or bad for America.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 12:28:04 pm »

Well duh. Our job creators demand too much pay. They aren't satisfied living in shacks and eating whatever they can find (Yeah, I know they're rich an all, but this is what they said when they outsourced jobs)
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball