Author Topic: One Down...  (Read 1155 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
One Down...
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:30:10 pm »
Most states require you to pass 2 tests before being admitted to the bar. The better known one is the Bar Exam. The other one is the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE).* The MPRE is a standard, 60-question multiple choice exam given 3 times a year. I took a Professional Responsibility class (required at all law schools) Spring 2011, but stupidly did not realize there was a Summer exam and then missed the deadline for the Fall one. So the first time I took the test was March of this year.

Scores are 50-150, and each state sets what they consider a passing grade for the exam. (Usually 70-85.) I got an e-mail in May that my scores were available, but between the move and my fears about my score, I never looked at it. Today was the last day to register for the Summer exam (in August) at the lower fee ($70). Starting tomorrow, the cost doubles. So I knew I had to buckle down and look, since I didn't want to pay an extra $70.

Turns out I don't even have to pay the first $70, need not mention the extra. I beat the minimum score for Virginia by 15 points.  ;D

*Yes, contrary to popular opinion, lawyers have a code of ethics.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg