Author Topic: I'll ride a manatee if I want to you fascist!  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Whore of Spamylon

• Bishop

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: I'll ride a manatee if I want to you fascist!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:45:01 am »
I saw this
The thing is tea baggers manatee's are so close to extinction that losing one can possibly throw off the balance

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:53:22 am »
Is it bad that I imagined "ride" in the sexual sense for a moment?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:08:57 am »
Property rights? Did he really claim that forbidding people from riding manatees is like taking away their rights to own property?

That law is protecting an endangered species, having morons try to ride them is probably a stressful experience.

And he even brought up the UN... It's like he has a list of all the things Tea-party hates and he randomly chooses talking points out of that.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 10:21:22 am »
Property rights? Did he really claim that forbidding people from riding manatees is like taking away their rights to own property?

That law is protecting an endangered species, having morons try to ride them is probably a stressful experience.

And he even brought up the UN... It's like he has a list of all the things Tea-party hates and he randomly chooses talking points out of that.

It's almost as if his arguments are structured like a manatee gag.... /snark

No seriously tho, fuck this guy
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 12:41:18 pm »
I wonder how long it will take for one of those idiots to drown??

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 01:08:34 pm »

Not long, if they actually try riding manatees. Yes, a 52 yr old woman did it without being harmed recently, and she was extremely lucky - perhaps that individual mantee was used to being around people. But manatees are very large and powerful animals, with the ability to thrash and buck violenly when they are startled. Mounting a manatee would be percieved as a predator attack by that manatee. Being struck by their tail fluke alone would break a leg or crush a skull.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLIzhEX5_e8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLIzhEX5_e8</a>
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:13:52 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 01:18:39 pm »

Not long, if they actually try riding manatees. Yes, a 52 yr old woman did it without being harmed recently, and she was extremely lucky - perhaps that individual mantee was used to being around people. But manatees are very large and powerful animals, with the ability to thrash and buck violenly when they are startled. Mounting a manatee would be percieved as a predator attack by that manatee. Being struck by their tail fluke alone would break a leg or crush a skull.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLIzhEX5_e8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLIzhEX5_e8</a>

If that's the case, I forsee future Darwin award winners...

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 07:56:00 pm »
Hear that?  It's the sound of my brain breaking.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 05:07:30 am »
If you're dumb enough to try to ride a manatee, you pretty much deserve to drown.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 10:19:57 am »
You have to be either seriously naive or seriously fucking stupid to think that riding an ENDANGERED SPECIES is something you can do with no consequence.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 11:48:56 am »
You have to be either seriously naive or seriously fucking stupid to think that riding an ENDANGERED SPECIES is something you can do with no consequence.

Add to that playing with a wild animal like that.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 02:02:35 pm »

Shut up, commie!  Property rights!  God gave me these animals to shepherd, which means do with as I wish!