Author Topic: Once more over the cliff  (Read 6594 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Once more over the cliff
« on: March 01, 2013, 10:56:43 pm »
Sequestration has begun.  The republicans basically fucked everything up.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
Re: Once more over the cliff
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:03:12 pm »
The more Republicans pull shit like this, the more they slide into political irrelevance.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 11:05:25 pm »
Damage might be done the way these cuts work for instance fewer air traffic controllers so therefore fewer business trips

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 01:35:18 am »
Going be honest, I don't give a shit anymore, I would love to see this whole country burn to the fucking ground, we don't deserve shit. We're a bunch on ungrateful little selfish cunts, who cut off our own noses to spite our face. The best part is how many teabaggers are going to reap what they sow.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:39:03 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 01:40:49 am »
"Wait, wait, don't tell me, now Sequestration?"

"Yep."

"Lots of politicians gnashing their teeth?"

"Uh-huh."

"Lots of inane talking from pundits skipping all the reasons they fucked it up?"

"Most likely."

"....bring it on. AGAIN!"

"BOOOOYAHAHAHAHA!" *splash*

I know I've done that before, but hey, it's relevant.

It's really hard for the GOP to see the whole picture with their heads up their asses, and the same can be said for some of the Democrats (the blue dogs in particular) as well.

*sighs* Well, might as well see how this unfolds.

Empress Nicki: As much as my country sucks right now, I can't let it burn. It's where I keep all my stuff.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 03:02:53 am »
I say we lock all these people in a small, uncomfortable space with no food or water and not let them out until they've agreed on something. This partisan fighting is detestable.

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 03:08:40 am »

"Yep."

"Uh-huh."

"Lots of inane talking from pundits skipping all the reasons they fucked it up?"

"Most likely."

It's really hard for the GOP to see the whole picture with their heads up their asses, and the same can be said for some of the Democrats (the blue dogs in particular) as well.

Empress Nicki: As much as my country sucks right now, I can't let it burn. It's where I keep all my stuff.

A quote from The Emperor's New Groove is always relevant. Especially this one, since it sums up the teabagger philosophy in a nutshell:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtlaXBFFbNI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtlaXBFFbNI</a>
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 04:35:39 am »

"Yep."

"Uh-huh."

"Most likely."

A quote from The Emperor's New Groove is always relevant. Especially this one, since it sums up the teabagger philosophy in a nutshell:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtlaXBFFbNI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtlaXBFFbNI</a>

You all know what we need to do with the GOP?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrATgc6npEE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrATgc6npEE</a>
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 05:46:33 am »
So they conceived this sequester thing to force themselves to co-operate, the cuts being so drastic that no side wanted them, right? Then they can't co-operate and now shit's gonna hit the fan? Am I hallucinating or is this an actual thing that's happening in the real world?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 06:43:30 am »
So they conceived this sequester thing to force themselves to co-operate, the cuts being so drastic that no side wanted them, right? Then they can't co-operate and now shit's gonna hit the fan? Am I hallucinating or is this an actual thing that's happening in the real world?

Yes, yes, oh yes and yes.

Their political bickering is so important to them that they cannot stop it even for a second, not even when it means harming their own country. This has gone beyond "but my political beliefs would require a different form of solution" they simply oppose every solution to any problem. They were given the opportunity to suggest any solution they wanted but refused to do that. I have no idea why people keep voting for them.

Also, this is a hallucination. You really should stop drinking seawater.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 07:18:26 am »
While I would agree with Nikki America is integrated too much with the rest of the world so if we fall the other 6.7 billion fall with us

Saturn500

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 09:22:40 am »
While I would agree with Nikki America is integrated too much with the rest of the world so if we fall the other 6.7 billion fall with us

This, as well as this:

As much as my country sucks right now, I can't let it burn. It's where I keep all my stuff.

On the bright side, though, at least VAWA got passed.

That isn't making this situation much better.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:25:00 am by Saturn500 »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 01:03:18 pm »
This will all be resolved within the week.

Ironbite-but the ramifications with the elections....oh that's gonna be great.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 01:18:45 pm »
I have some additional cuts to propose:

1. Effective immediately, Congress will have its salaries reduced to minimum wage.
2. The maintenance budget for the Capitol will be cut to zero. All staff will be laid off. If Congress wants to so much as keep the lights on, they can pay for it out of their own damn pockets.

As a compromise with Republicans, I propose that the White House also suffer:
1. The President will go on minimum wage as well.
2. The White House maintenance budget will be halved. All staff working in the West Wing will be laid off. All staff working in the East Wing will remain (since Michelle, Sasha, and Malia have nothing to do with this)
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 01:33:32 pm »
I haven't been paying close attention to politics over the past week or so, but it seems the conservatives are going all out trying to pin the blame on the President.

The President doesn't have the power to create legislation or set the budget. That's Congress's job. All he can really do is make statements about what he thinks Congress should do. So how is this Obama's fault?
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine