Author Topic: Anyone have any idea what kind of cross this is  (Read 2579 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Anyone have any idea what kind of cross this is
« on: March 23, 2013, 07:45:52 pm »

I know it's not much of a pic but I am curious.  I am assuming it is some kind of military award?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Anyone have any idea what kind of cross this is
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 07:57:35 pm »
He looks like a German pre-WW II veteran and member of the "gentry", highly decorated with variations of the iron cross. Was a war hero. Might be from late 1800's wars, and possibly WW I
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 08:00:43 pm »
Hm.

The picture appears to be of Hugo Reisinger.

The New York Times' obituary can be found here: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20F10F93D5C13738DDDA00A94D1405B848DF1D3

It seems he was a member of a few orders, and it might be the star of a Commander of the Order of the Prussian Crown--at least images I could find of that looked similar.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 08:04:51 pm »
Hm.

The New York Times' obituary can be found here: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F20F10F93D5C13738DDDA00A94D1405B848DF1D3

It seems he was a member of a few orders, and it might be the star of a Commander of the Order of the Prussian Crown--at least images I could find of that looked similar.

How the fuck did you know that, that is exactly who that is. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:08:29 pm by DiscoBerry »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 08:16:38 pm »
Hm.

Google Image Search.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 11:12:20 pm »
Hm.

Google Image Search.

Well I just learned you can search an image not just a description.