Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139695 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #390 on: February 02, 2014, 01:45:21 am »
Can I just point out how much the American Horror Story season finale sucked? Literally the only parts that got any kind of reaction out of me, aside from disappointment, were
(click to show/hide)

Everything else was awful, the twists were all predictable, and the attempts to recreate dynamics from earlier seasons were just plain bad. Definitely the weakest season yet.

Still not as bad as the Dexter finale, but I doubt anything will ever top that.

I couldn't be arsed to watch it, so I just read the synopses of all the episodes after the finale aired.

Assuming my reading has been accurate, I found the show to have a kudzufied plot with way too much going on at any one time, characters who gradually become more assholish as time goes on, a rather lax sense of death and resurrection, an inability to predict which way anything is going to go, and a tendency to be just plain mean to the characters.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #391 on: February 02, 2014, 01:49:48 am »
Add in a lack of any real climax, and that's pretty much accurate.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #392 on: February 02, 2014, 10:43:43 am »
(click to show/hide)
Oh, god. I want to believe you're taking the piss but... from what I've gleaned from unmarked spoilers I can tell you're not. Jesus.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #393 on: February 02, 2014, 02:02:24 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Oh, god. I want to believe you're taking the piss but... from what I've gleaned from unmarked spoilers I can tell you're not. Jesus.

She's not. She's really not.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #394 on: February 02, 2014, 06:32:27 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I wish I were. It gets worse when you hear about the overall plot of the final season, too.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #395 on: February 02, 2014, 07:08:34 pm »
I've never actually watched an episode of Dexter. how many of the seasons are actually good? Been hearing a lot of shit about it lately.

Also, I think it's about time for my annual re-watch of Babylon 5, that show was hype as fuck. Battlestar Galactica almost came close to matching the consistent quality of the show, but the wheels on BSG fell off by season 3.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #396 on: February 02, 2014, 07:51:12 pm »
I can't vouch for seasons 5-7 but the first two seasons of Dexter were pretty good. There's a noticeable drop off in quality right round the middle of season three but nothing I've seen is unwatchably bad. Personally, I really liked the Ice Truck Killer arc and the "aw crap I'm supposed to be emoting what do" aspect of Dexter's character from season 1. Also, Deb is the Boss Ass Bitch of the universe, hands down, bar none, forget everyone and everything else. Deb fuckin' rocks. At least until What's-His-Nuts-FBI-Guy shows up, but at least that particular subplot affects the main story more than ONE. GODDAMN. TIME.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #397 on: February 03, 2014, 11:13:54 pm »
Hi, I'm Alehksunos and I'm one of the few people on the forum who actually buys a few episodes of television series (notably those not up on Netflix).

The last time I ever torrented episodes of a television series (Beavis and Butthead, the 2011 episodes) I nearly destroyed my previous computer. And not only that, two dollars for a single episode (or a bundle worth $15) isn't that bad a deal, plus I'm not doing something illegal.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #398 on: February 04, 2014, 12:43:26 am »
Good for you.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #399 on: February 04, 2014, 12:51:40 am »
I can't vouch for seasons 5-7 but the first two seasons of Dexter were pretty good. There's a noticeable drop off in quality right round the middle of season three but nothing I've seen is unwatchably bad. Personally, I really liked the Ice Truck Killer arc and the "aw crap I'm supposed to be emoting what do" aspect of Dexter's character from season 1. Also, Deb is the Boss Ass Bitch of the universe, hands down, bar none, forget everyone and everything else. Deb fuckin' rocks. At least until What's-His-Nuts-FBI-Guy shows up, but at least that particular subplot affects the main story more than ONE. GODDAMN. TIME.

I actually didn't like Deb in the first few seasons, but she was easily the only likable character (due to character development and everything else just plain sucking) by the end of the series.

Despite dips in quality in season 3, 1-4 were still pretty good overall. 2 and 4 were my personal favourites. It wasn't until season 5 that things really started going downhill.

Hi, I'm Alehksunos and I'm one of the few people on the forum who actually buys a few episodes of television series (notably those not up on Netflix).

The last time I ever torrented episodes of a television series (Beavis and Butthead, the 2011 episodes) I nearly destroyed my previous computer. And not only that, two dollars for a single episode (or a bundle worth $15) isn't that bad a deal, plus I'm not doing something illegal.

Congratulations? Do you have anything to back your claim that most of us are torrenting TV shows or...?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:59:45 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #400 on: February 04, 2014, 01:02:26 am »
I torrent everything. Because screw you.

Also I only liked Deb when she wasnt swearing. The shtick got old
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #401 on: February 04, 2014, 01:29:45 am »
Streaming is where it's at. As long as you'd got Noscript and AdBlock to keep the bullshit at bay, it's much faster and safer than torrenting. Not to mention, there's none of that "99% complete and 0 seeds" bullshit.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #402 on: February 04, 2014, 08:31:48 am »
The worst was when Deb decided she was in love with Dexter for a season or so. I know they're not biologically related, but still.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #403 on: February 04, 2014, 03:44:09 pm »
Streaming is where it's at. As long as you'd got Noscript and AdBlock to keep the bullshit at bay, it's much faster and safer than torrenting. Not to mention, there's none of that "99% complete and 0 seeds" bullshit.

Huh. I've literally never gotten anything nasty from a torrent. Streaming, however, tends to be slow and annoying, mostly because of a shitty internet connection.
Σא

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #404 on: February 04, 2014, 05:21:45 pm »
Same here. The only thing I've ever gotten from a torrent other than what I intended was a silly ad, and that was easy to delete.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades