Author Topic: Food Network says "NO MORE BUTTER!"  (Read 8791 times)

Offline Ottery

• Neonate
  • Rada rada rada
    • I have a tumblr
Re: Food Network says "NO MORE BUTTER!"
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 02:10:41 am »
I don't think I've seen it mentioned here yet, but I think the main reason food network dropped Dean like banana fritters into a deep fryer is because of the shady deal with the diabetic medication company (she was going to get 6mil to shill their brand of medication), which was recently dropped due to all the racist things coming to light. Many stores have also stopped carrying her brand of cookware and tablewear (Sears, Kmart and JC Penney), which means she is no longer useful to them. I don't blame them, really. Sears and JC Penny are huuuuge when it comes to buying and selling cooking supplies.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2013, 05:56:21 am »
I honestly don't care one way or the other, but my Facebook page already has people using this as another excuse to bash Obama.  Uh, the Food Netwrok fired her, not the government.  Also, I'd like to see this 'proof' that Obama pressured the FN to fire her.  Regardless of what happened, the FN can do what it wants, whether we agree with it or not.  I don't know why people are trying to make this a gov't issue.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

QueenofHearts

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2013, 06:10:58 am »

Okay, everyone go home, Rabbit won the thread.

I mean seriously, I don't care about this "Paula-Deen-N-word-Fiasco" because like most normal people, I've never watched the Food Network.

Offline Ottery

• Neonate
  • Rada rada rada
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2013, 06:55:53 am »

Okay, everyone go home, Rabbit won the thread.

I mean seriously, I don't care about this "Paula-Deen-N-word-Fiasco" because like most normal people, I've never watched the Food Network.

Non normal person here (pastry chef), food network is actually pretty good. They show Iron Chef (which is awesome) and Good Eats (which is even more awesome). :<

QueenofHearts

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2013, 07:04:52 am »
Non normal person here (pastry chef), food network is actually pretty good. They show Iron Chef (which is awesome) and Good Eats (which is even more awesome). :<

I should have inlcuded a " :P" to show I was being facetious. Sorry if I upset, I really meant nothing by it.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2013, 05:55:59 pm »
To be fair most people here aren't normal to begin with so it's not necessarily an insult to claim someone's not normal.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2013, 04:09:18 am »
Am I the only one who thinks Paula Deen looks like DC comic villain Granny Goodness?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2013, 02:55:50 am »
You mean that wierd granny villain from Teen Titans and Superman? I was half expecting her to be one of those Monty Python Grannies myself (the Biker Grannies).

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!