Author Topic: Mom exorcises her kids, kills two  (Read 4595 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Mom exorcises her kids, kills two
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:46:20 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mom-charged-with-killing-2-kids-during-exorcism-1.2503113

A Maryland woman charged with killing two of her children has told investigators that she thought an exorcism was necessary to remove the presence of the devil and evil spirits, a police captain said Sunday.

Zakieya Latrice Avery, 28, of Germantown, is charged with first-degree murder in the stabbing deaths of the children, ages one and two.

Montgomery County police responded to Avery's home Friday morning following a neighbour's 911 call. Police said they found the two children dead and two other siblings, ages five and eight, injured with stabbing wounds.

So, I hope she gets put away for a good long while.

Another woman charged in the killings, Monifa Denise Sanford, 21, made similar statements during questioning, police said.

Sanford was arrested Saturday. The two women had been living together at the house in recent months.

Jones said the father of the children does not live in the area and is separated from Avery, but was returning to be with the surviving children, who remained hospitalized Sunday.

It's good to hear that the father will be taking custody of the two surviving children.

Also, prepare for "LEZBEEUHNS R EBIL!!!!!" comments if this breaks on any fundie forums.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Mom exorcises her kids, kills two
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:54:46 am »
Although I did not see where these two women are stated as being lovers, other than just co-habitants/roommates, which is a very common scenario amongst modest to low income single moms. But, yeah, the Ebil Lezbo label would be a fundie's way to divert attention from their obviously insane religious fanaticism. Of, course, they may turn out to be "Satanic Cultists", too....or just meth heads.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:55:38 am »
What kind of exorcism involves stabbing?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 11:57:29 am »
Although I did not see where these two women are stated as being lovers, other than just co-habitants/roommates, which is a very common scenario amongst modest to low income single moms. But, yeah, the Ebil Lezbo label would be a fundie's way to divert attention from their obviously insane religious fanaticism. Of, course, they may turn out to be "Satanic Cultists", too....or just meth heads.

They're not stated as being lovers and I imagine they are just co-habiting for financial purposes or something like that. Still, they're two (more or less) single women living together who did Bad Things--ergo, EBIL LEZBEEUHNS!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 12:13:34 pm »
What kind of exorcism involves stabbing?

This kind apparently.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 12:17:34 pm »
I don't think the idea of cutting or peircing the body in some way in order to release spirits or demons is new or unique to this woman.  But someone with a better memory and a better knowledge of the history of exorcisms and weird medical practices of the past would know better than I.

wrightway

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 01:09:55 pm »
I've seen people mentioning a BBC documentary called "The witch children of Africa" and claiming the type of "exorcism" these women did is the same kind done in the documentary. Anyone know if it's true?

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 04:06:40 pm »
Religion frequently plays a prominent role in unbalanced minds.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 04:08:19 pm »
Religion frequently plays a prominent role in unbalanced minds.
That's kind of a chicken/egg scenario, isn't it?  Did fundamentalism make them unbalanced?  Or did being unbalanced make them fundies?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 04:11:31 pm »
It could be these women are claiming it was an attempted exorcism to cover their asses with an insanity plea, when they may possibly have been just high as shit and hallucinating or raging because of that.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 04:15:10 pm »
I've seen people mentioning a BBC documentary called "The witch children of Africa" and claiming the type of "exorcism" these women did is the same kind done in the documentary. Anyone know if it's true?

I looked and the I think the documentary is actually called Saving Africa's Witch Children. I'm still working on finding a copy of it posted online somewhere.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 04:27:30 pm »
Fear of Satan has caused more evil than Satan "himself".

I haven't heard of any legitimate claims of Satanic cultists sacrificing children.

I have heard several documented reports of a Christian cult killing a girl because they thought she was the anti-christ, and of course the host of "Exorcisms" that result in deaths.

Rigorist Christianity (+ Rigorist Islam) is truly one of the greatest evils of the modern world.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 10:13:06 pm »
Why do some believers in exorcism resort to physical hard-core violence & torture? What's wrong with praying, chanting, laying on of hands, smudging with herbs or incense, etc?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 10:18:07 pm »
Why do some believers in exorcism resort to physical hard-core violence & torture? What's wrong with praying, chanting, laying on of hands, smudging with herbs or incense, etc?

You aren't getting results unless the kid is screaming bloody murder, that's what's "wrong" with that.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 10:28:14 pm »

You aren't getting results unless the kid is screaming bloody murder, that's what's "wrong" with that.

So basically, "exorcism" is just a pretext for "Let's torture this uppity person for funsies", right?