Author Topic: Zimmerman Vs. DMX  (Read 4194 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Zimmerman Vs. DMX
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 03:59:46 am »
I'm reminded of that 'celebrity boxing match' with Uwe Boll...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 10:18:40 pm »
Well, guys.....

It's a HOAX!

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-more-b.s.-news-stories-that-fooled-your-facebook-friends/

Cracked, though a humor site, does have some decent articles about world affairs, history, etc. along with myth-debunking.

Looks like we fell for another bit of horse manure that some reporter made up because he/she was too lazy to do "journalist" stuff.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 01:58:53 am »
Well, guys.....

It's a HOAX!

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-more-b.s.-news-stories-that-fooled-your-facebook-friends/

Cracked, though a humor site, does have some decent articles about world affairs, history, etc. along with myth-debunking.

Looks like we fell for another bit of horse manure that some reporter made up because he/she was too lazy to do "journalist" stuff.

I'll admit I was glued to the story, but I had this feeling that things weren't adding up.  For example, if this was a real booked DMX vs. Zimmerman fight, how come it wasn't promoted anywhere else other that in the Entertainment News section of some media outlets not including major celebrity news channels like E! news or shows like Access Hollywood?  I would have think they would have had some coverage on this.  Also, if this fight was really booked, why wasn't there any other additional information such as when and where the fight was going to take place?  What other celebrity fights were going to be the warm up and undercard fights leading to the main event?  Why is there such a high lack of additional information surrounding this bout?

Like others said before me, when I was in high school I remember those Fox channel primetime specials of celebrity boxing.  Those TV specials were heavily advertised, and the person who was going to watch knew who were going to fight in that special.

For me, I wouldn't want to see DMX vs. Zimmerman fight.  DMX has a history of drug problems, arrests, anger management issues and keeping up with his promises and commitments like being there for his kids or such as the time in 2006 he volunteered to entertain troops in Kuwait and Iraq with the USO, but never bothered to show up for the flight or give a courtesy call to the USO that he would be unable to go overseas to entertain troops(I know about the USO thing because I was in Kuwait at that time).  You could consider it as an infamous person vs. infamous person celebrity fight, but regardless what would this fight prove and what would have been gained from this in all seriousness when you analyze the matchup.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 05:09:23 am »
Well, guys.....

It's a HOAX!

I'll admit I was glued to the story, but I had this feeling that things weren't adding up.  For example, if this was a real booked DMX vs. Zimmerman fight, how come it wasn't promoted anywhere else other that in the Entertainment News section of some media outlets not including major celebrity news channels like E! news or shows like Access Hollywood?  I would have think they would have had some coverage on this.  Also, if this fight was really booked, why wasn't there any other additional information such as when and where the fight was going to take place?  What other celebrity fights were going to be the warm up and undercard fights leading to the main event?  Why is there such a high lack of additional information surrounding this bout?

Like others said before me, when I was in high school I remember those Fox channel primetime specials of celebrity boxing.  Those TV specials were heavily advertised, and the person who was going to watch knew who were going to fight in that special.

For me, I wouldn't want to see DMX vs. Zimmerman fight.  DMX has a history of drug problems, arrests, anger management issues and keeping up with his promises and commitments like being there for his kids or such as the time in 2006 he volunteered to entertain troops in Kuwait and Iraq with the USO, but never bothered to show up for the flight or give a courtesy call to the USO that he would be unable to go overseas to entertain troops(I know about the USO thing because I was in Kuwait at that time).  You could consider it as an infamous person vs. infamous person celebrity fight, but regardless what would this fight prove and what would have been gained from this in all seriousness when you analyze the matchup.

Yup. As much as I would LOVE to see Zimmy get taken down a peg by a "Big Angry Black Guy", I confess that this would be really trashy. Oh well, Zimmerman's rep is ruined to a good chunk of America and that alone probably has him looking over his shoulder.

Sadly, it may take beating his girlfriend to death to get him in the can. Same held true for that Van der Sloot guy.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 11:33:42 am »
In fairness, DMX has fallen deeply into the Tyson Zone.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 12:28:23 am »
In fairness, DMX has fallen deeply into the Tyson Zone.

Indeed. :P