Author Topic: Star Wars thread  (Read 35563 times)

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
Re: Star Wars thread
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 09:51:24 pm »
The glowing and sounds will always be more important, since we don't yet have strong enough materials to create a retractable blade sturdy enough to stand up to any but the lightest strikes.

I disagree, I have a retractable one that my kids play with and beat the ever living hell out of.  So I say retractable, they can look cool attached to a belt.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 05:15:44 am »
My wife and I broke two of ours the first day when we got into a lightsaber fight in the yard beside our apartment.  Luckily, we brought about 4 or 5 each.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2014, 07:01:42 pm »

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2014, 12:18:05 am »
(click to show/hide)

I always wanted to see these stormtroopers.

Large image, therefore spoilered.

(click to show/hide)

Look at that! They look like some form of riot police with those shields and they have lightsabers hung on their belts. Can you imagine how the movies would have if Lucas went with this?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2014, 03:29:47 pm »
I'm pretty sure the main reason he didn't is because of expense. In interviews he's said that what ends up in the movie tends to be only 30-40% of what he actually wanted to show.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 06:25:28 pm »
An album of clever lightsaber techniques:

http://imgur.com/gallery/rXss2

I always wondered why there weren't more "turn off your lightsaber" moves.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 07:01:14 pm »
I love that all the Dark Side ones end with "torture at will."
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2014, 09:06:02 am »
Apparently some in universe material mentions that the Jedi teach to have some sort of force shield to protect against the "push/pull" powers. Otherwise there would be no reason not to spam them (other than if those are against the dueling rules.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2014, 09:59:45 am »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2015, 06:57:04 pm »
Wise fwom you gwave, thwead!

So, what do you guys think of the "Darth Jar Jar" theory?

https://www.reddit.com/comments/3qvj6w

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 07:42:28 pm »
That I'm honestly tired of seeing it everywhere.
Σא

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2015, 12:36:47 am »
My girlfriend and I are going to see the new movie as soon as we can after it comes out; we were hoping for the 18th but I suspect that everything is booked with preorders by now.

Anyway, predictions:

Luke Skywalker is going to die, probably via Kylo Ren's lightsaber. Luke is the Old Master now, just like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn, and both of them were dispatched by their trilogy's badass-looking Sith Lord in the first episode. Also, Finn, Rey, or whoever else is Luke's apprentice will scream "NOOO!" upon seeing this.

Alternately, Han Solo could die. Harrison Ford has been wanting to kill him off since Episode V. Either way, I fully expect at least one member of the original cast won't make it out alive.

Somebody's hand/arm will get chopped off by a lightsaber. I don't even think I need to justify this one.

Since it's been confirmed that Admiral Ackbar is going to be in the movie and JJ Abrams loves callbacks, the line "IT'S A TRAP!" will be uttered at some point.

Kylo Ren and Rey are part of the Skywalker family. The former has some strong ties to Darth Vader, and the latter is a Force user with some kind of family she's been waiting for. If Abrams does want to use some Expanded Universe elements (which I think he was open to), I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be Jacen and Jaina Solo. Alternately, Ren being Luke's son could make sense too.

The mask Kylo Ren wears is hiding something important. The only time we see him without it is in the duel against Finn, and that's only from behind. So the question is: Horrible scars of some kind? Family resemblance to a trusted mentor (ties in with the above)?

Kylo Ren may not be as loyal a member of the First Order as assumed. First, there's the usual caveat of the Rule of Two and he's almost certainly looking for ways to kill of Supreme Leader Snoke. Second, his statement "I will finish what you (Darth Vader) started" was suggested once to be incomplete, with the complete version being "I will finish what you started when you killed the Emperor." It was always Vader's plan to unseat the Emperor and take the Empire for himself; Ren is most likely trying to do the same.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2015, 01:37:26 pm »
You know what I think Harrison Ford likes more than killing off Solo? getting paid, son. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the new films have the balls to off any of the old guard.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2015, 02:05:41 pm »
I've wanted to read a couple EU books to get me psyched up.  The Manbeast has dozens of them.  I ask for a recommendation.  He says, "Why read them?  They don't matter anymore."
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!