Author Topic: Today I learned...  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Today I learned...
« on: March 07, 2015, 09:42:17 pm »
You learned something, you sly dog, you! Now, share it with the rest of it, so we can absorb your knowledge and eventually become a hive mind of sorts.

Today I learned that the U.S Army's Limited War Laboratory once tested a helicopter-mounted .22 shotgun with a whopping 1,200 barrels. However, considering we were in Vietnam at the time, it was swiftly abandoned for being a incredible friendly-fire hazard.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Today I learned...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 11:16:02 pm »
Wait...you mean there was what amounted to a shotgun-minigun hybrid?  My god, I thought I'd only dreamed such mad, wonderful things...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 12:35:14 am »
If you like utterly ridiculous weapons you will love my book series.

One character named Terumi Shinei has what can only be described as a chainsaw-whip-shotgun-portal generator-sword hybrid.

He's the hero for an entire book. And its full of big dumb fight scenes with characters with equally if not more improbable weapons, including a woman who kicks explosions at people.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 12:39:03 am »

One character named Terumi Shinei has what can only be described as a chainsaw-whip-shotgun-portal generator-sword hybrid.

He's the hero for an entire book. And its full of big dumb fight scenes with characters with equally if not more improbable weapons, including a woman who kicks explosions at people.

I think Michael Bay just got a boner.   ;D

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:55:19 am »

I think Michael Bay just got a boner.   ;D
Needs more dakka, XBOX HUEG tats guns, blessed relics of both dark and light, and guys on fire who smoke so much cocaine that it turns their skins pink. Oh, and more motorcycles with all of the above.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:57:33 am by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 03:04:39 am »
There is also a villainess who is an over the top comical portrayal of a Social Justice Warrior who, when she first fights Terumi shouts, "CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE! CHECK IT CHECK IT CHECK IT OR DIIIIIEEEE!"

Ironically, she uses something called a Police Gun. It shoots police cars, armored personnel carriers, police helicopters, and other guns at people. Which all explode on impact.

Being that the novel is set in Japan, I decided to include a Japanese Girl who pulls katanas out of her bosom while gasping and making exaggerated noises.

There is another character who is basically a woman's head and spine Yokai, who functions as a spy. She has a boyfriend, but cheats on him half-way through with a one armed half-magitech Orc who was raised in Afghanistan as a mercenary.

The main enemy is a police lieutenant who uses a form of magic that basically gives him six Stands, each of which themed on a different David Bowie phase.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 11:33:06 am »
This thread went somewhere weird at an alarming speed, even for FQA.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!