Author Topic: Senator on TECHNOLOGY SUBCOMMITTEE has never sent an e-mail.  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Senator on TECHNOLOGY SUBCOMMITTEE has never sent an e-mail.
« on: March 09, 2015, 12:43:53 am »
WASHINGTON -- Discussing the controversy over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton using her personal email account for government business, a top Senate Republican revealed that he has never sent an email in his life.

"I don't email," Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) said. "You can have every email I've ever sent. I've never sent one."

"Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd had asked Graham whether he had a private email account because Graham said he wanted to know if other cabinet secretaries besides Clinton used private accounts during their tenure. Graham said he did have a few questions about Clinton's email.

"Did she communicate on behalf of Clinton Foundation as secretary of state?" Graham said. "Did she call the terrorist attack in Benghazi a terrorist attack in real time? I want to know."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/08/lindsey-graham_0_n_6826064.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

So not only do we have another "Benghazi!!!!111!one" red herring attack, we have a senator, who is on the technology subcommittee, who outright refuses to use something as simple as e-mail. Isn't that a job for someone who, I don't know, understands technology?
Who needs a signature?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Senator on TECHNOLOGY SUBCOMMITTEE has never sent an e-mail.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 12:50:29 am »
WASHINGTON -- Discussing the controversy over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton using her personal email account for government business, a top Senate Republican revealed that he has never sent an email in his life.

"I don't email," Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) said. "You can have every email I've ever sent. I've never sent one."

"Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd had asked Graham whether he had a private email account because Graham said he wanted to know if other cabinet secretaries besides Clinton used private accounts during their tenure. Graham said he did have a few questions about Clinton's email.

"Did she communicate on behalf of Clinton Foundation as secretary of state?" Graham said. "Did she call the terrorist attack in Benghazi a terrorist attack in real time? I want to know."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/08/lindsey-graham_0_n_6826064.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

So not only do we have another "Benghazi!!!!111!one" red herring attack, we have a senator, who is on the technology subcommittee, who outright refuses to use something as simple as e-mail. Isn't that a job for someone who, I don't know, understands technology?

This is fucking disgraceful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 01:09:38 am »
I am 100% unsurprised by this.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 01:11:24 am »
Is Huckleberry the shittiest investigator the Senate's ever had?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 10:03:20 am »
Why would ANYBODY put a backwards, non-technological rube in a TECHNOLOGY SUBCOMMITTEE?!

It's like hiring a pastry chef to do brain surgery! It's STUPID!

I would LOVE to know what the GOP is trying to do with this sort of thing? I mean, hiring a geezer who doesn't know an email from a toenail to head up a TECHNOLOGY SUBCOMMITTEE!!!!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 11:08:27 am »
Aren't these the same people on an Environmental committee even though they know nothing of the environment?  Forget the War on women, Religion, Christmas, etc.  The real war is on Science and Reality. 

Guess that means this idiot has already won next reelection.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 02:00:14 pm »

The surgery might not go well, but I bet they could make some tasty pastries from the brain.

And seriously, this guy has NEVER sent an e-mail in his life? nowadays, one of the least complicated technological procedures on the planet? For fuck sakes, are we even sure he doesn't still think computers are run by paper tape and punch cards?

There should at least be some baseline to pass before you get on a committee like that. Okay, so you can't re-write the Linux kernel. that's fine. but can you at least ask your secretary or whatever to explain e-mail to you? shit ain't that hard.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 02:15:01 pm »

The surgery might not go well, but I bet they could make some tasty pastries from the brain.

And seriously, this guy has NEVER sent an e-mail in his life? nowadays, one of the least complicated technological procedures on the planet? For fuck sakes, are we even sure he doesn't still think computers are run by paper tape and punch cards?

There should at least be some baseline to pass before you get on a committee like that. Okay, so you can't re-write the Linux kernel. that's fine. but can you at least ask your secretary or whatever to explain e-mail to you? shit ain't that hard.

I know that the GOP hires guys like this for some reason but WHY?! What would these guys gain by hiring a total tech-noob to a tech-based position.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 06:01:51 pm »
Oh I love this.  I truly love this.  It shows just how out of touch and out of reality the GOP really is.  Sadly, this is a mark of pride for this man.  He has no idea what it is he's being shown just that he wants to see it.  And the Benhazi stuff?  HAH!

Ironbite-they really wanna turn this into a "thing" despite it will never ever be a "thing".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 06:03:19 pm »
When are they going to get the memo?