Author Topic: If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it...  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it...
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:05:33 am »
I'm having some sort of problem with my computer mouse. For the past couple of weeks, the stupid thing has been freezing in place on me. I know it's not the computer itself that's freezing, because it frequently does it while I'm playing my games on facebook (it LOOOVES to do it while I'm trying to play bingo or my hidden item games) and the game goes merrily on for everyone else, while I'm freaking out because my cursor just decides out of nowhere that it's going to stay right where it is for anywhere from a few seconds to up to a minute. Then the computer makes this strange ba-dong noise and the cursor will move again.

My bf has checked the computer and can't find any viruses etc, and can't find any problems with the computer's systems. This is driving me insane. You ever see those angry gamer videos where people pick up their systems and throw them out windows or smash them with hammers in a psychotic rage? Yeah, I'm rapidly approaching that. I accidentally woke Brian up tonight cursing a blue streak at the stupid thing when it froze like twenty times in the span of an hour.

This is a brief synopsis of what I think woke brian, both to give you a more clear idea of how it happens, and possibly to give you a few giggles along the way...

*I'm playing bingo, going merrily along as the computer calls the numbers*

*I suddenly see I have a straight line. I go to hit the 'bingo' button*

*cursor suddenly freezes, right beside the bingo button*

Me: Oh, no!!!! FUCK NO!!!! NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN!!!! Nononononono!!!! It's the first fucking bingo I've had all night!!!*

Computer: *continues calling bingo numbers*

Me: *desperately moving the mouse like a madwoman and hitting it on the padd hoping it will somehow reawaken the cursor somehow*

Me: MOVE YOU FUCKING THING!!! I HAVE A MOTHERFUCKING BINGO YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

*Cursor unfreezes for about a quarter of a second, only moving like a centimeter on my screen before freezing DIRECTLY over the "bingo" button*

Me: *Pushing the mouse buttons in a frenzy* C'mon, unfreeze you stupid fucking thing!!!! I have a bingo!!!! WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS SHIT TO ME?!?!?

Computer: *continues calling bingo numbers while I'm growing increasingly annoyed. I can clearly see the number of permitted bingos getting smaller and smaller at a fast rate as the game gets closer to ending*

Computer: GAME OVER

Computer: *Ba-dong noise.... Cursor proceeds to move normally again*

Me: JESUS MOTHER FUCKING SON OF A BITCHING COCK SUCKING CHRIST!!!!!!

*Takes deep breaths to try calming myself down as the next game is getting ready to start*

*Game starts again and I daub maybe two numbers before the cursor freezes again*

Me: *scream of rage as I quickly move away from the computer to prevent myself from throwing the mouse against the wall repeatedly*

Has anyone had this happen before, and if so, how the hell do you fix it? I'm seriously ready to smash this stupid thing. And it doesn't only happen when I'm playing games on fb. It happens all the fucking time. It's just the most ANNOYING when I'm trying to play on facebook.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:17:46 am »
If you've got the mouse plugged into a USB port on your motherboard, maybe you could try a PCI card with extra USB ports? I had this problem (with my keyboard) and putting it on my PCI card solved it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 08:06:28 am »
That "ba-dong noise" is the sound of the computer recognising something is plugged into the USB port, right? If so, it sounds like either your USB port or the plug on your mouse is dying. You'll probably either have to use a different port or get a new mouse.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:15:54 am »
Mouse USB cord wires are wearing out, some are broken. Likely right at the section just before the USB plug. Get a new mouse.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 01:43:26 pm »
Ok, thank you everyone. I'll see what I can find on my budget. At least now I know what the problem is, so I feel a little better lol.