Author Topic: Another day another stupid cop  (Read 1146 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Another day another stupid cop
« on: July 11, 2016, 06:05:05 pm »
So in the wake of Dallas and the killings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, you'd think cops around the nation would try and work on their public image right?  NOT SO!  In a sickening display of power tripping and just pure idiocy, one Kansas cop finds himself out of a job after he decided to take a random black woman to task over some remarks she made on Facebook.  Oh and he also threatened her 5 year old daughter.

A white Kansas cop who threatened a random black woman's young daughter over Facebook amidst racial tensions between police and civilians has been fired.
Rodney Lee Wilson, who had been an officer with Overland Park Police Department for more than a year, lashed out at LaNaydra Williams online, despite no obvious connection between the two.
Having found pictures of Williams' five-year-old daughter India visible on her Facebook profile, Lee launched an astonishing rant in which he appeared to threaten the girl's life.

Referencing the Black Lives Matter movement, Lee wrote: 'We'll see how much her life matters soon... better be careful leaving your info in the open where she can be found.
'Hold her close tonight, it'll be the last time.'
Williams said she could not sleep following the sinister post, which comes after Alton Sterling and Philandro Castile were shot dead by cops, and the shooting of five officers in Dallas on Thursday.

She told WDAF: 'It's not okay. Not my child, she's all I have. India is my heart, that's not right. We're already on edge, so why would you do that?'

Williams added that she has never been to Overland Park, has no connection to Kansas, and has no idea how Wilson found her Facebook page.
She also claims that after contacting Williams' superiors she was initially told that his account had been hacked, despite the post being deleted.
However, the police later backtracked, confessed that Wilson had been behind the message, and dismissed him from duty.

So to sum up this, a white cop decided to take a black mother to task by threatening her daughter's life because......actually there isn't any reason.  Just some asshole deciding that he needed to remind someone how much power he holds.  Power that was quickly stripped away from him but power he will probably get back as there is no national data base of "bad" cops.  And that needs to change.

Ironbite-like....now.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Another day another stupid cop
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 08:55:03 pm »
Overland Park? Holy shit that's close to where I used to live.
Who needs a signature?