Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 385036 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2295 on: May 29, 2018, 01:12:26 am »
No, you are not getting the point. That is not a handful of emails, it's thousands of emails to one columnist and we have already seen that there are millions of messages like that going to people who the Trump-fans see as enemies.

The columnist said "hundreds", not thousands:

I have, however, heard from hundreds like “Matthew,” who worries about “immigrants” and “Gerald,” who thinks people of color have an “alliance” against him.

(emphasis added)

That is not a small difference. It's an entire order of magnitude. Even if we take Mr. Pitts at his word and assume that all of the emails he talks about are what he claims them to be, and that each one was sent by a different Trump supporter, they still represent a very small portion of all Trump voters, less than 0.1%. Moreover, the sampling method (unrequested emails sent to one columnist) is woefully inadequate, or at least it seems that way to me.

These people are the loudest Trump supporters and more than a tiny minority. The others either have their heads stuck up their assess or fully accept them as the representatives of their cause because there's no way otherwise to miss all this hate they spew.

Maybe they're the loudest because the media focuses on them the most. You don't even have to believe the media is trying to smear Trump supporters to consider the possibility. Focusing on angry, belligerent extremists is good for ratings.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:14:37 am by Lana Reverse »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2296 on: May 29, 2018, 02:06:15 am »
Kid. Have you ever been on the internet? The media is not exaggerating the hate from Trump supporters.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2297 on: May 29, 2018, 02:20:05 am »
While Lana is not prepared to accept this rather anecdotal exposition our g.i.r.l. is also not prepared to accept the statistical studies either.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2298 on: May 29, 2018, 10:34:49 am »
Kid. Have you ever been on the internet? The media is not exaggerating the hate from Trump supporters.

I have. And I've talked to quite a few Trump supporters. How many have you talked to?

While Lana is not prepared to accept this rather anecdotal exposition our g.i.r.l. is also not prepared to accept the statistical studies either.

Unlike you, who accepted the statistical study that said most Trump supporters (or at least white working-class ones) aren't racist.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 02:47:16 pm by Lana Reverse »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #2299 on: May 29, 2018, 05:53:45 pm »
And another thread devolving into Lana tirelessly defending the right wing while accusing anyone sick of their shit of intolerance to the poor right wingers.

Almost feels like a pattern.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2300 on: May 29, 2018, 06:54:21 pm »
Episode VI: Return of the Liberals.

(click to show/hide)
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2301 on: May 30, 2018, 12:27:44 am »
That elderly fuck does not know when to quit. His son is quite the vile racist, his organization is coming apart at the seams...and he's still hungry for what is "owed".
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2302 on: May 30, 2018, 03:06:26 am »
I'd love to see him actually win in 2020. Not that pretty much anything the democrats could throw out there wouldn't be a vast improvement over Trump, but it'd be really cool to see him defeated by the one guy who isn't gargling lobbyist cock.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2303 on: May 30, 2018, 09:31:53 pm »
I really hope he doesn't run again. I may have supported him during the 2016 primaries, but can't we get some younger blood in there? I can't imagine that the Democrats can't put someone against Trump that isn't as old as the dinosaurs. It doesn't help matters that he was never popular among minority voters. He would be more likely to get the black vote than Trump, but that's not saying much.
Who needs a signature?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2304 on: May 30, 2018, 09:54:30 pm »
I really hope he doesn't run again. I may have supported him during the 2016 primaries, but can't we get some younger blood in there? I can't imagine that the Democrats can't put someone against Trump that isn't as old as the dinosaurs. It doesn't help matters that he was never popular among minority voters. He would be more likely to get the black vote than Trump, but that's not saying much.

No, Sanders would easily win and has decent name recognition to make it through both narrow and wide Democratic fields. Demographically, he would probably get 45-55% in a two-to-three-person race due to strong support in white, Midwest Caucus-states. It also helps that his Millennial base could amount to a support-floor of 30% in a six-to-ten-person race.

Trump would also lose because Trump is a wanker who can't get the black vote because he's a wanker. Like seriously, African-Americans would support Bernie. African-Americans favored Obama in 2008 and Hillary in 2016; they're not wankers. And, of course, Bernie wouldn't have to deal with that pesky "Bernie or Bust" attitude that we're still feeling the hangover from.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2305 on: May 30, 2018, 10:19:21 pm »

To be honest, I would rather see someone like Tulsi Gabbard run, but Sanders has massive name recognition now.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2306 on: May 31, 2018, 01:45:49 am »
Sanders has the same issue that Hillary has. There's already negative PR campaign against him. If he chooses to run the GOP (and foreign influence) can easily build up their anti-Sanders message on top of the old stuff.

...Which is made worse by the same forces helping Sanders win the primary because he is the most "destructive" candidate for the Democrats while it is also questionable if he can win against a GOP candidate.

Also, he really is old, you guys are better off finding a younger candidate.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2307 on: May 31, 2018, 09:32:39 am »
Sanders has the same issue that Hillary has. There's already negative PR campaign against him. If he chooses to run the GOP (and foreign influence) can easily build up their anti-Sanders message on top of the old stuff.

...Which is made worse by the same forces helping Sanders win the primary because he is the most "destructive" candidate for the Democrats while it is also questionable if he can win against a GOP candidate.

Also, he really is old, you guys are better off finding a younger candidate.

I absolutely think there are better candidates, but if I had to make a bet, this is Bernie's to lose.

But, barring an act of god, he won't lose.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2308 on: May 31, 2018, 10:01:49 am »
And Trump is pardoning felon Dinesh D'Souza.

The list is now Joe Arpaio, Scooter Libby, and Dinesh D'Souza. In essence, you break the law for conservative causes, and you'll likely get a pardon.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2309 on: May 31, 2018, 10:04:36 am »
Don't miss what is important. Trump promised to have a meeting with Kim and then had a meeting with Kim Kardassian. Mission accomplished. MAGA. Take that commies. Woo. /deadpan voice