Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 401414 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1650 on: September 04, 2017, 02:51:43 pm »
 No you can go read the letters past presidents have left. It's up to the incoming presidents discretion whether he wants it released
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1651 on: September 05, 2017, 10:21:11 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-could-gain-from-daca-move-1.4276201

Trump's ending DACA, and I agree with Sen. Omidvar: Canada should accept dreamers (though I think we should take more than just 30,000). They're hard workers, law-abiding and well-trained. If the US wants to shoot its economy in the foot, let's give ours a shot in the arm.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1652 on: September 05, 2017, 11:02:18 pm »
The only word history should have for Trump is cruel. And I can't wait for the "moderate" Trump voters to whine about how they had "no idea" that he'd be so horrible. As if they couldn't have listened to the experts or their peers who saw him for what he is or even the man himself when his entire fucking campaign was built on racism.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1653 on: September 05, 2017, 11:48:44 pm »
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/canada-demands-us-end-right-to-work-laws-as-part-of-nafta-talks/article36160015/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Meanwhile, Trump wanted to renegotiate NAFTA. So Canada's big demand?

Stop killing unions.

One group of negotiators spent all day Sunday working on the labour file, according to a schedule of the talks obtained by The Globe and Mail. One source familiar with the discussions said Canada wants the United States to pass a federal law stopping state governments from enacting right-to-work legislation; the source said the United States has not agreed to such a request. Canada believes that lower labour standards in the United States and Mexico, including right to work, give those countries an unfair advantage in attracting jobs.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1654 on: September 05, 2017, 11:59:30 pm »
Hell. Yes. I live in a right-to-work state, and FUCK THAT SHIT.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1655 on: September 06, 2017, 12:22:04 am »
Trump complained about NAFTA being such a horrible deal while in a press conference with the president of Finland. Trump said a lot of things that were just plain wrong and one of those was that Finland would never make a deal as bad as NAFTA with Russia. ...We used to have a deal called "Agreement of Friendship, Cooperation, and Mutual Assistance" with USSR... It meant a lot of things but one of those was that if Germany or their allies moved to attack Finland USSR would have the right to occupy help Finland.

Also, it amuses me that if Trump does get a new NAFTA it is going to be worse than the original one because USA has been so hostile to their neighbours that they have no incentive to take a bad deal.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1656 on: September 06, 2017, 12:26:49 am »

I'm just waiting to hear a conservative tell me that the federal government has no right to preempt states' right-to-work laws.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1657 on: September 06, 2017, 12:36:08 am »
"That's not how negotiating works.  Negotiating means I yell alot until you do as I say!"

To be fair ending right to work would be good for Trump's base so if he does this he would be giving them an improvement on what they had before.  So I imagine he'll fight tooth and nail against it.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1658 on: September 06, 2017, 01:15:38 am »
"That's not how negotiating works.  Negotiating means I yell alot until you do as I say!"

To be fair ending right to work would be good for Trump's base so if he does this he would be giving them an improvement on what they had before.  So I imagine he'll fight tooth and nail against it.

Yeah, but they don't think it'd be good for them. They think "unions evil and support EBIL DEMONCRATS."

GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT GET THE MONEY OUT

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1659 on: September 06, 2017, 02:12:44 am »
Trump said dreamers should rest easy.

Apparently, what he meant is that they should rest easy knowing that they will soon be in a country where everyone looks like them.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1660 on: September 06, 2017, 03:53:56 am »

I'm just waiting to hear a conservative tell me that the federal government has no right to preempt states' right-to-work laws.

I used to work with a guy who insisted that right to work only "keeps people from being forced to join a union if they don't want to." I'm fairly certain that's not an issue in the first place. Of course, this guy is an anarcho-capitalist and also thinks that society wouldn't change if the government were to completely collapse, so....
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1661 on: September 06, 2017, 04:37:27 am »
What right-to-work does, essentially, is allow people to enjoy the benefits of a union without having to pay union dues. The union is required to advocate on behalf of all employees at the workplace, not just those who have joined the union, but this means that people can freeload on what the union does... which means more and more people won't bother to join the union... which means the union collapses... which means that all the workers get a shittier deal because there's no union to negotiate on their behalf.

But, again, I'm not sure if, constitutionally, the federal government can pass a law to preempt state-level right-to-work laws.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1662 on: September 06, 2017, 07:46:37 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if they could; federal will always trump state.  We tried the other way around, it ended rather...messily.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1663 on: September 06, 2017, 07:50:19 am »
Maybe there'll be another revolution over the "states rights?"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1664 on: September 06, 2017, 08:00:23 am »
Hey, maybe they can prove it by having Oklahoma execute Texas.  Then, you'd make me a believer.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.