Author Topic: I sold another game!  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
I sold another game!
« on: December 01, 2016, 04:07:58 pm »
My game, Lovecraft's Revenge, a horror RPG taking place in HP Lovecraft's stories, just went on sale.  Since I'm pretty sure posting a link to the Two Hour Wargames website is against board rules, I'll post a link to my blog with examples of game play instead:

http://shonsgamecorner.blogspot.com/

I know other games based on Lovecraft's works exist, and I tried my best not to copy them.  One thing that makes LR different is there's no Game Master.  You can play the game solo or with everyone on the same side, and the game creates both the story and the horrors as you play.  This also means the game is quite capable of putting your characters through some pretty vicious events.

Being a fan of Lovecraft since college, I tried to make the game a fitting tribute to him in addition to creating a fun and creepy game.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: I sold another game!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 07:44:46 pm »
Congratulations!
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 07:42:57 am »
Gratz!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 08:42:07 am »
Awww shit!  Maybe I should get off my ass and do that whole "making a marketable product" thing, too.  ...Ya know, once fucking finals are over.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 03:29:14 pm »
Thanks!

Awww shit!  Maybe I should get off my ass and do that whole "making a marketable product" thing, too.  ...Ya know, once fucking finals are over.

Well it took me over a decade after getting my English degree to finally be able to use it to make $.  Even if it isn't much yet (or at all), I'm just happy I can make something doing something I enjoy.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 06:19:44 am »
I must've done something right.  I just got asked to write two supplements ASAP.  I wish I could make enough $ to do this for a living, instead of on the side.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 06:53:45 am »
I wish I could make enough $ to do this for a living, instead of on the side.
Keep this up and you could well be the next Gary Gygax.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 07:17:48 am »
The only way to become succesfull is to try and sell the games. Getting one sold is already a good start that puts you ahead of everyone who hasn't sold any at all. (Also, any succesfully sold game makes you look better as a game designer. Next time that you try to sell something you made you can point out how successful your previous games were.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 07:43:26 am »
Very true.  Right after Future Tales went on sale this past May, I got asked to write two supplements, which I finished by the end of the summer (I had already started one but didn't plan on a second).  Since I love horror, especially writing it, I look forward to the challenge of putting together scenarios that are fun to play but also scary (or at least creepy).