Author Topic: /r/altright has been banned  (Read 4231 times)

pyro

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: /r/altright has been banned
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 03:32:21 pm »
Hey look they closed the barn door after the horses ran off.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 07:10:20 pm »
And nothing of value was lost.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 09:30:45 pm »
Now they'll all be like "har har, you can never censor us on voat."

"But nobody goes to voat."

"Shaddup Harry".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 02:30:27 pm »
Alt-Right has taken over r/pusspass and few other subreddits. Reddit has also made clear that inciting hatred, dreaming about genocides, encouraging others to start a genocide, doxxing people and rape threats are ok on Reddit. But saying that you want to punch fascists can get you banned from the site.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 03:36:48 pm »
Alt-Right has taken over r/pusspass and few other subreddits. Reddit has also made clear that inciting hatred, dreaming about genocides, encouraging others to start a genocide, doxxing people and rape threats are ok on Reddit. But saying that you want to punch fascists can get you banned from the site.

Well it's only "speech." Why you gotta hate all that freeze peach? You can has are violated firsts commandments.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

pyro

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 06:06:47 pm »
Doxxing is what got /r/altright banned. Mod-sanctioned, unambiguously, since it was in a pinned thread.

Still doesn't explain why hate speech is apparently tolerable but doxxing isn't...

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 06:11:37 pm »
Speech is speech and can be shouted down upon.  Doxxing is where you go into hilarious illegal territory and can get someone killed.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 06:43:30 pm »
Doxxing is what got /r/altright banned. Mod-sanctioned, unambiguously, since it was in a pinned thread.

Still doesn't explain why hate speech is apparently tolerable but doxxing isn't...

Didn't some racist subreddit get banned a couple years back? IIRC, there was this big controversy about it.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 08:12:00 pm »
Yup.  You are remembering r/coontown getting, if nothing else, quarantined.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 06:21:50 am »
Speech is speech and can be shouted down upon.  Doxxing is where you go into hilarious illegal territory and can get someone killed.

Yeah that's pretty much it. Hate speech is words. Doxxing is a clear and concrete threat against a specific person.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 08:41:09 am »
Another setback for Nazis. They lost r/pussypass.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstHateSubreddits/comments/6811gg/looks_like_the_top_mod_of_rpussypass_came_back/

Pussypass was originally "merely" filled with misogyny and news stories about women getting light sentences for crimes compared to guys who commit similar crimes. At some point it was taken over by nazis and was one of the more infamous neo-nazi/alt-right reddits. Until just a while ago when apparently the original owner came back to Reddit, saw all the nazis and kicked them out.

We shall wait and see if regular he-man-woman-haters now return to the subreddit.

Nazis on the other hand are complaining and asking around if anyone with a subreddit with lots of subscribers would let them take over. (Why can't they make a subreddit for themselves? Because there aren't that many of them so they prefer to take over existing groups so that their numbers seem highger...)

EDIT: Alternative theory is that this was done by Reddit employees and they are shutting the subreddit due to the massive amount of complaints from the death threats and racism and hate speech it had/caused.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:49:28 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 12:24:54 pm »
TIL /r/bad_cop_no_donut exists.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 07:19:20 pm »
r/Incel has been banned too apparently.  Now where can angry manbabies whine about how woman are whore if they don't sleep with them?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 07:21:22 pm »
r/Incel has been banned too apparently.  Now where can angry manbabies whine about how woman are whore if they don't sleep with them?
Damnit, how will SSTDT deal with the loss of all that quotable material?