Author Topic: A Vote for Jeremy Corbyn is a vote against the Jew  (Read 9365 times)

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
A Vote for Jeremy Corbyn is a vote against the Jew
« on: June 08, 2017, 01:41:33 pm »
Didn't see this one coming lol

The Daily Stormer endorsing Jeremy Corbyn for his antisemitic credentials

tbh Labour could sit down with Hamas and various Neonazi groups and have a decent chinwag about the evils of Israel and the myth of the Holocaust and no-one would be fucking surprised.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:43:37 pm by TheContrarian »

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: A Vote for Jeremy Corbyn is a vote against the Jew
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:52:59 pm »
https://gandhifoundation.org/2014/01/09/the-gandhi-foundation-international-peace-award-2013/

The Trustees of The Gandhi Foundation agreed to offer him our International Peace Award in recognition of his consistent efforts over a 30 year Parliamentary career to uphold the Gandhian values of social justice and non‐violence. Besides being a popular and hard‐working constituency MP he has made time to speak and write extensively in support of human rights at home and world‐wide. His committed opposition to neocolonial wars and to nuclear weapons has repeatedly shown the lack of truth in the arguments of those who have opposed him.

Also, being critical of the government of Israel is not the same as being anti-Semitic.

EDIT: And yes, I read the Stormer article. I'd written that last comment before I read it because I was positive that was their argument (being opposed to the government of Israel = anti-Semitic), but it's good to know that they're still using that stupid talking point.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:59:50 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

pyro

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 02:19:02 pm »
Giving someone a medal doesn't make them above criticism.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:20:44 pm »

Of course not.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 02:38:56 pm »

Also doesn't matter if the criticism is true or not.  It's the association that counts.

Remember, Donald Trump was endorsed by a former wizard of the KKK and OMFG IT TOOK HIM A WHOLE DAY TO ISSUE A STATEMENT REJECTING SAID ENDORSEMENT!!!!one!

Well, Corbyn is now indelibly linked with Neonazi elements as of yesterday.  I...haven't seen any hint of a rejection from him in the last 24 hours so I guess he agrees wholeheartedly with their Jew-hating platform.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 02:41:31 pm »

Also doesn't matter if the criticism is true or not.  It's the association that counts.

Remember, Donald Trump was endorsed by a former wizard of the KKK and OMFG IT TOOK HIM A WHOLE DAY TO ISSUE A STATEMENT REJECTING SAID ENDORSEMENT!!!!one!

Well, Corbyn is now indelibly linked with Neonazi elements as of yesterday.  I...haven't seen any hint of a rejection from him in the last 24 hours so I guess he agrees wholeheartedly with their Jew-hating platform.

*facepalm*

The difference is that Trump had been saying things while campaigning that would appeal to people like David Duke.

Corbyn has not.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 02:47:45 pm »

*facepalm*

The difference is that Trump had been saying things while campaigning that would appeal to people like David Duke.

Corbyn has not.

Quick Jeremy, hide all the comments you've made praising Hamas!

ffs...

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 02:51:58 pm »
The difference is that I don't think any reporter has asked Corbyn if he is going to denounce the Daily stormer article or if he has even heard that Nazis support him. Meanwhile Trump was told about Duke comment, Trump was asked if he would like to denounce Duke and he specifically refused to do so.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 02:59:18 pm »

*facepalm*

Corbyn has not.

ffs...

"while campaigning"

Has Corbyn made any such statements since May 3?

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 03:02:20 pm »

*facepalm*

Corbyn has not.

ffs...

"while campaigning"

So all the eleventy million articles during the US presidential campaign referencing pussy grabbing aren't admissable then because that tape was recorded over a decade before the 2016 presidential campaign began?

Good to know.  Not sure why you all kept parroting it to such a spasticated extent then...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 03:11:04 pm »

*facepalm*

Corbyn has not.

ffs...

"while campaigning"

So all the eleventy million articles during the US presidential campaign referencing pussy grabbing aren't admissable then because that tape was recorded over a decade before the 2016 presidential campaign began?

Good to know.  Not sure why you all kept parroting it to such a spasticated extent then...

Because Trump's behaviour in that regard had not showed any change--for instance, look at how often he all but said he wanted to have sex with Ivanka. It was pretty clear that that's still how he thought of women.

Show me current statements by Corbyn where he's clearly antisemitic (not anti-Israel, or anti-Israeli government, which are not the same as being antisemitic) and then, sure, we've got a history of that going back to those older statements.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 03:13:36 pm »
Might as well put this here because it is kinda relevant:

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/06/07/exclusive-police-reports-prove-sun-may-broken-law-last-ditch-attack-jeremy-corbyn/

TL;DR:

Corbyn did not take part in Antisemitic protest, the one he went to was about justice for Palestine and wasn't anti-Israel or anti-Jewish. Likewise the claim that he is linked to extremists is false and the Sun has actually broken a British law by making up lies about a campaigning politician.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 03:26:54 pm »
About that Hamas/Hezbollah pandering:

"He [Corbyn] has met many people with whom he profoundly disagrees in order to promote peace and reconciliation processes, including in South Africa, Latin American, Ireland and the Middle East.

"He believes it is essential to speak to people with whom there is disagreement, particularly when they have large-scale support or democratic mandates.

"Simply talking to people who agree with you won’t help achieve justice or peace."

This reminds me of a comment by the Finnish parlamentarian Pekka Haavisto during his presidential campaign when he discussed his diplomatic career and involvement in the peace negotiations in southern Sudan. Paraphrased, he said that a big challenge in a situation like that is being able to to sit in the same table with a mass murdering warlord and treat them with the same respect you would give to any other human being. If you are not able to put your personal feelings aside there is no hope for successful negotiations and people will keep dying.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 03:32:26 pm »

*facepalm*

Corbyn has not.

ffs...

"while campaigning"

Because Trump's behaviour in that regard had not showed any change--for instance, look at how often he all but said he wanted to have sex with Ivanka. It was pretty clear that that's still how he thought of women.

Show me current statements by Corbyn where he's clearly antisemitic (not anti-Israel, or anti-Israeli government, which are not the same as being antisemitic) and then, sure, we've got a history of that going back to those older statements.

You know, I swear I left a set of goalposts round here somewhere.

Oh no wait, there they are!  How did they get all the way over there?

So Corbyn's pro-Hamas, anti-Israel comments are inadmissable because they weren't made on the current campaign trail, but a single unsavoury soundbite of The Donald from 12 years ago definitely is because assumptions made about his character. 

You say Trump's behaviour towards women hasn't changed, fine.  By that token show me a statement where Comrade Corbyn repudiates his former pro-Hamas stance and criticises them for their antisemitism and i'll accept that he's changed :)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast