Author Topic: A Vote for Jeremy Corbyn is a vote against the Jew  (Read 9352 times)

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
Re: A Vote for Jeremy Corbyn is a vote against the Jew
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2017, 05:50:28 pm »
Further, a big factor that neither Callaghan nor Kinnock had to contend with, but Corbyn did, was the SNP

Except they weren't so much contending as colluding.  That's partly what makes it doubly funny.  You can add up all the seats gained by ALL the horrid little plebian parties combined and it's still not enough for a parliamentary majority.

Quite a victory you've got there ^_^

Oh but if the progressive response to the 2016 US election shows anything, it's that the realities of representative democracy mean nothing and we should just have a simple popular vote to decide such things (but conveniently only when our side loses, lol).  Well Jeremy Stalyn's party lost the popular vote here too.  So, unless you've all changed your tune to a hilariously hypocritical extent, he should wind his neck in and fuck off back to wherever the fuck he came from.

Or, he could just wander round posh areas of London threatening to expropriate private property again, that was pretty amusing.  Sordid little prole.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2017, 07:28:09 pm »
Further, a big factor that neither Callaghan nor Kinnock had to contend with, but Corbyn did, was the SNP

Except they weren't so much contending as colluding.  That's partly what makes it doubly funny.  You can add up all the seats gained by ALL the horrid little plebian parties combined and it's still not enough for a parliamentary majority.

Quite a victory you've got there ^_^

Oh but if the progressive response to the 2016 US election shows anything, it's that the realities of representative democracy mean nothing and we should just have a simple popular vote to decide such things (but conveniently only when our side loses, lol).  Well Jeremy Stalyn's party lost the popular vote here too.  So, unless you've all changed your tune to a hilariously hypocritical extent, he should wind his neck in and fuck off back to wherever the fuck he came from.

Or, he could just wander round posh areas of London threatening to expropriate private property again, that was pretty amusing.  Sordid little prole.

1. I think a good argument can be made that Trump's presidency is illegitimate because he lost the popular vote. That said, I think the rules being known well in advance is more than adequate justification for him being our president. It's really not that different from the position I took in the democratic primary (the rules being known in advance more than justifies the results, but winning the popular vote is a powerful argument).

2. The fact that the other parties did not get a majority (when combined) only serves to obfuscate the issue. The Conservative party started with 330 (a majority). May declared a snap election when her party was up 17 percentage points in the polls. She didn't do this because she wanted a majority (though, she did), she declared the election hoping to increase the number of Conservatives in parliament so that she could work out a Brexit plan that she favored. Her gambit failed, she lost 13 seats (which she could have kept by not declaring a snap election), and Labour gained 33 seats. You can spin it any way you want, but fact is she wanted more seats, and she wound up with less.

3. The result in the UK election should not be seen as an isolated event. Trump is making Europe liberal again. It's almost as if (a) seeing that right-wing populists can win scares people into voting against them and (b) Trump being a contemptuous wanker dissuades people from right-wing populism.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2017, 03:16:31 am »
You can spin it any way you want, but fact is she wanted more seats, and she wound up with less.

Yes, you can spin it any way you want.  This is how you lot have managed to turn a party that got nowhere near a majority or even a plurality into the victors on the grounds that they "got more seats than last time".  By that logic we should should be putting that non-entity from the LibDems on a pedestal for turning things round after the 2015 hilarity...oh wait no lol.

It's even more amusing when you think that this "glorious victory" for Jeremy Corbyn where the tories got absolutely "crushed" to use Lt Lenin's words is probably just going to result in a Tory government with some DUP hangers on.  The DUP being a party you lot are already SCREECHING about due to their old fashioned homophobia.

If that's what you call a victory for the progressive side, I think you may have a bit of a disconnect with reality.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:27:53 am by TheContrarian »

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2017, 04:27:38 am »
"Theresa May lost and Jeremy Corbyn didn't win."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2017, 06:01:31 am »
Last I heard Corbyn's Comrades were still in a distant second.
And last I heard that second was so not-distant that May was forced into an unwieldy alliance with the DUP!

But don't let reality get in the way of your Tory bloviating!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 06:07:04 am »
Well, the Tories went from being able to run the government all by themselves to being forced to compromise to get the DUP to play team.

And seeing as even DUP opposes hard BREXIT (at least publicly) it may be that May has to settle for soft-BREXIT, aka "the same deal as the one Norway has."

And now that France mentioned that they would not oppose if Britain were to cancel BREXIT things are not so good for Tories.

If the Labour gets to the government before BREXIT is over the entire trainwreck may be canceled, meaning that all that came from it was Britain losing their face and a lot of tax payer money spent for nothing. If on the other hand Tories have to go for a soft-BREXIT Britain will have to pay the same taxes to EU that they have paid so far and obey all the laws and directives of EU with no official way to influence those laws.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 06:07:32 am »
And last I heard that second was so not-distant that May was forced into an unwieldy alliance with the DUP!

As above.  Glorious victory for left wing voters, having a coalition of the Tories and DUP in government.

But hey, I hope you enjoy Corbyn's victory as much as I will :)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2017, 06:13:40 am »

As above.  Glorious victory for left wing voters, having a coalition of the Tories and DUP in government.

But hey, I hope you enjoy Corbyn's victory as much as I will :)
The DUP may be so socially conservative as to be actually fundie but they don't favor a hard Brexit, or Tory economic austerity it seems.

The most enjoyable part for me Conty? Your Thatcherite  policies are getting arsefucked by flag-waving sectarian fundies who parade around in bowler hats just like your avatar. Well, bowler hats are actually more British than stovepipes.

Oh and "Brexit lite" is, ""just like being in the EU-but without a say at the table". Cheerio!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2017, 09:11:50 am »
You can spin it any way you want, but fact is she wanted more seats, and she wound up with less.

Yes, you can spin it any way you want.  This is how you lot have managed to turn a party that got nowhere near a majority or even a plurality into the victors on the grounds that they "got more seats than last time".  By that logic we should should be putting that non-entity from the LibDems on a pedestal for turning things round after the 2015 hilarity...oh wait no lol.

It's even more amusing when you think that this "glorious victory" for Jeremy Corbyn where the tories got absolutely "crushed" to use Lt Lenin's words is probably just going to result in a Tory government with some DUP hangers on.  The DUP being a party you lot are already SCREECHING about due to their old fashioned homophobia.

If that's what you call a victory for the progressive side, I think you may have a bit of a disconnect with reality.

Let me repeat and summarize. Theresa May called a snap election that she didn't have to when her party was up 17 points in the polls (to put this in perspective, the Tories won 330 seats, just over a majority. with a popular vote of 36.9-30.4 over Labour). Winning by anywhere nears 17 points would greatly improve her party's control of Parliament. But, over the course of several weeks, May bungled her party's lead in the polls, closing its lead to an average of 6.4% (a polling shift of 10.6%). Come election day, May's party further under-performed, winning only by 2.4% of the popular vote (a total shift of 14.6% over fifty days).

I repeat, she lost her party's majority, her main opposition gained seats, and all of that could have been avoided if she hadn't called a snap election or if she would manage to hang on to a 6.9% popular vote win with a head start of 17%. It's not that Corbyn and Labour "won," (although, they are the main beneficiaries of May's bungled gamble): it's that May made an obvious gamble that was safe, albeit unnecessary, and shit the bed in a way that left her party noticeably worse for wear.

But hey, continue crying because your glorious leader couldn't hold onto 330 seats. Salty much?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2017, 07:03:42 pm »
I think the quality of May's victory is to be gauged by the fact that she will not be Prime Minister at Christmas.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2017, 07:35:35 pm »
I think the quality of May's victory is to be gauged by the fact that she will not be Prime Minister at Christmas.

Who succeeds her, though?

As near as I can tell, the only person who might be a reasonable successor to May is Davidson, and she is a) not interested, b) gay and c) getting married to her soon-to-be wife (those last two probably making her unacceptable to the DUP, with whom the Tories must work for the time being).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 03:28:38 am »
Bit like working for the Trump cabinet or White House innit? On paper it's a top job. Off paper it stinks of career suicide.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2017, 03:56:42 am »
Tol... Let's make a bet: You said that working for Trump administration will kill your career, I will mke the hypothesis that it won't.

The higher ups will simply backstab him at the last moment and that the y to wash  their hands, the less important people will just get "I worked at the White house" on their resume which is still a major deal. A few people may go to jail if there is a successful impeachment but I y will do their best to limit the damage to Trump.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 06:16:32 am »
Damn you Askold and your cold-hearted realism denying me my schadenfreude.

Well, I still have Conty's recent splutterfest about Marxian gremlins in this thread I guess.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2017, 02:59:14 am »

Yes, this is the clearest way of putting it. For all of Contrarian's spin, he wasn't smiling when he saw that exit poll. May now has all the blame for Brexit, which will be a failure. Labor has a popular leader and is a united party - if an election were called today, they'd win pretty firmly. That's not likely to change I don't think. There are only really two options for the Tories. They can keep May and all her problems. Or they can dump her and charge into the unknown in the middle of the most important negotiations in 50 years. And they're relying on Sinn Fein and the DUP not forcing the country to another election in the meantime. I don't see how they can recover.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR