Author Topic: Appealing my ban  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Appealing my ban
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 08:27:45 pm »
I'd assume that, if they were asked in another public method of discourse, then it'd be similar to posting something to the mainpage.  Otherwise, I'd be kinda leery of posting a private matter on a public forum.  Kinda like what Lana did to get the boot in the first place, ya know?

I asked for consent to discuss publicly (which I've since received). That's exactly what "If I can" means in the previous post.

(I should also note that tumblr asks are public by default and while I chose to answer them privately that was out of concern that whoever reads my tumblr doesn't care about this, not a specific request for privacy)

Anyway, having as mentioned received consent:

Lana argued that the rules do not explicitly ban sharing PMs. I rejected the appeal on the grounds that sharing PMs was only part of the violation, as well as  considering it a common sense interpretation of the rules that PM sharing fails both "don't post private information" and "don't be a dick"

(I can't post the exact text of the appeal because tumblr is a terrible website and private replies to asks are not preserved in any way without third party extensions)
Σא

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 09:40:04 pm »
Oh wow that was the extent of their argument?

Ironbite-that's amazing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 03:25:48 am »
And somehow, pretty much exactly what I would have expected.
Who needs a signature?