Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 76513 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Mass Effect 3
« on: February 20, 2012, 02:05:49 am »
It's almost here... I can taste it...

I have the CE pre-ordered from Newegg so I'll get it a day or so later than everyone else but unghhh...

Newest vid:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7kix6_8Ks" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7kix6_8Ks</a>

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 02:58:19 am »
Got it preordered. My Origin username is Meshakhad, if anyone wants to friend me, so we can play together.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 03:10:21 am »
Watched that vid today.  Was pretty much drooling.

I've had it pre-ordered since pretty much the day they announced you could.  Been fooling around with multiplayer in the demo, and am definitely going to have to do a final ME2 run through with my main character to make sure I have everything the way I want it.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 03:57:22 am »
Got it preordered. My Origin username is Meshakhad, if anyone wants to friend me, so we can play together.

I can't play on my PC so I've got it for 360. :(

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Servo

• Bishop
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 04:16:12 am »
Argh, so damn excited for this... but at the same time I'm worried that I'm not going to like it.  :(

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 05:12:44 am »
1: New trailer cool.
2: MAKO! Yay!
3: I am going to buy this but I am still not sure will I buy the regular version or CE.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 05:26:06 am »
I'm not preording, only because my birthday is a month later so i'm not allowed to buy it.  I'll be doing my best to avoid spoilers this time around, since I don't want to know what happens until I play the game itself.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 05:26:57 am »
Goddammit EA, stop it with the fucking pre-order and collector's edition bonuses. The combined total of all of the special bonuses announced so far adds up to 1 plot mission, 1 full squad-mate, 8 weapons, 1 full armor set, and 4 squad outfits. If I'm paying 60 dollars for a game, the least you can do is give me the whole fucking thing. Makes me wish I could run this game on my PC so I could buy the standard edition and torrent all of the extra content.

[/rant]

I currently have no money, and I still need to play through the first two to build up my character anyway, so I won't be able to play this for some time. Which also means I will have to avoid spoilers until then.

As for the game itself, I'm remaining cautious that they won't fuck it up. I wasn't overly impressed with the demo and some of the news that I've been hearing lately. That trailer looked great, though, so I'm slightly more optimistic than I was before.

Speaking of the trailer, "Watch the extended cut Tuesday"? So basically, I just watched a preview for the full trailer. A trailer for a trailer. What in the hell is the point of that?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 05:57:08 am »
From what I know the extended cut wasn't that much more (only about 10 seconds more). I can't find what was aired.

ME3 is my birthday gift to myself.

&

Offline Shano

• Bishop
  • Trust me, I am a doctor.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 09:05:19 pm »
Meshakad, I will look you up on Origin. I do not remember my origin tag but I will check it and post.
The unbreakable wall

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 09:29:34 pm »
I'll add you it's kefkapwnsall

Offline Servo

• Bishop
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 01:15:43 am »

Offline Juna Starrider

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 03:56:24 am »
Dammit, Bioware knows my weakness... little kids who are implied to have died.   Dammit... I'm in tears.  Ever since FF VI with Cyan's kid, I've always bawled when kids get hurt or killed.

That's also why in Dragon Age: Origins, no matter what evil bastard I might be roleplaying as, I can't bring myself to   

(click to show/hide)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 04:10:41 am »
Anyone played the demo? What do you think of the multiplayer?

&

Offline Servo

• Bishop
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 04:34:34 am »
Anyone played the demo? What do you think of the multiplayer?

Multiplayer is lots of fun. 4 player co-op, defeating waves of Cerberus soldiers.

Probably much more fun if you play with friends rather than complete strangers over Xbox Live/Origin/PSN...