Author Topic: Articles of impeachment brought against Rod Rosenstein  (Read 1214 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Articles of impeachment brought against Rod Rosenstein
« on: July 25, 2018, 07:40:38 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/25/house-republicans-introduce-articles-impeachment-against-rosenstein.html

A number of conservative Republican Representatives, such as Mark Meadows and Jim Jordan, have introduced articles of impeachment against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Other sources:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/398902-gop-lawmakers-introduce-impeachment-resolution-against-rosenstein
https://wgntv.com/2018/07/25/lawmakers-introduce-articles-of-impeachment-against-rod-rosenstein/

Just consider: what would have happened if Clinton had tried to get his own Attorney General impeached to stop Starr's investigation?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Articles of impeachment brought against Rod Rosenstein
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:55:31 pm »
They must feel as if the ball is about to drop in the investigation if they're trying to stop it this desperately.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 08:57:38 pm »
Thing is this will never go anywhere. Rod Rosenstein has done nothing - they just desperately want to forestall the increasingly inevitable.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 09:11:27 pm »
I would like to believe you Niam.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 10:29:50 pm »
This also doesn't have the House Leadership on board.  Kinda like how the Democrats keep filing articles of impeachment against the Orange Piss Pot.

Ironbite-I'd be mighty surprised if this leads anywhere as they don't have the votes to convict in the Senate.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 10:40:11 pm »
This also doesn't have the House Leadership on board.  Kinda like how the Democrats keep filing articles of impeachment against the Orange Piss Pot.

Ironbite-I'd be mighty surprised if this leads anywhere as they don't have the votes to convict in the Senate.

I imagine it's a move to try to shore up their base, by riling them up against Rosenstein (and, by extension, Mueller).

Especially for someone like Jim Jordan who looks to have been complicit in sexual abuse as an assistant coach at OSU.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.