Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Lounge / Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Last post by Askold on Today at 03:06:14 am »
The reason that any third party in USA always seem to hurt the Democrats is that what with the politics in USA being so right wing, the moderate-right Democrats are usually closer to the third parties than the Republicans.

The GOP doesn't have to compete over Bernie voters because anyone voters he could get are the people who otherwise would have settled for the Dems as the closest to what they want.

The only exception I can think of were the Tea party who were further right than the Dems but the GOP masterfully managed to take them in to their party and rather than bleeding out voters actually became stronger.

EDIT:

Kids were watching Peabody and Herman cartoon (or something like that.)

I didn't pay much attention but one character seemed like a copy of Trump with slightly better hair. He was chased off from the scene by screaming robot fans. (not "blow some air" fans, but like android fanboy/girls.)
Politics and Government / Re: Alt-Right
« Last post by dpareja on Today at 02:14:27 am »
There's two versions of the Alt-Right: the one that thinks they should hate everyone except Jews, because Israel, and the other that also hates Jews (but maybe still likes Israel).
Politics and Government / Re: Alt-Right
« Last post by Askold on Today at 02:01:20 am »
Guess who made a new subreddit even though they have been banned before? Yup, the good ol' Alt-Right.

Linking it now though I doubt it won't take a long time for them to get banned again: https://www.reddit.com/r/altrightsub/

And obviously they haven't changed a bit and threads are all about complaining about (((Jews))) and other groups they hate, death threats, brigading, suicide prompts and thinly veiled or not at all veiled support for genocide.

Ok, there is one thing that is new. Now they like Israel for having tough laws on immigrants and refugees ...but at the same time they mock Jews and "global Jewish media" so the end result is really schizophrenic.
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by dpareja on Today at 01:08:01 am »
Paul and Cruz want the bill to be harsher.

And I suspect the DNC and DSCC will refuse to support any sitting Democratic Senator who votes for this bill--their rhetoric has made it very clear that this is a core issue for them.
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by Askold on Today at 01:02:32 am »
https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/will-not-support-fifth-gop-senator-comes-obamacare-repeal-bill/

Some Republicans are breaking ranks and suggesting that they might vote against the Trumpcare. On the other hand I am sure that at least a few Democrats will support the GOP like they did during the Obama years...

EDIT:

Heller joins GOP Sens. Rand Paul (Ky.), Ron Johnson (Wis.), Mike Lee (Utah) and Ted Cruz (Texas) in

...And actually I am calling bullshit on this list. There is no way in hell that Paul or Cruz will do anything that might suggest that they have a backbone.
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Last post by dpareja on Today at 12:36:38 am »
However, while they seem to wish to claim this right for themselves, they see no reason to extend the right to other groups.

Why should they? After all, they're right and all those other groups are wrong.
The Lounge / Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Last post by Art Vandelay on Today at 12:14:58 am »

« Last post by Bob J. on Today at 12:12:20 am »
On reflection, while watering my yard, I think that the idea that unjust laws do not need to be followed plays a large part of their thinking (I use this term loosely). This line of though does have some judicial merit in that it was the US position during the Nuremberg trails. And certainly freedom of religion, including for them the over zealous right to proselytize, is a human right. However, while they seem to wish to claim this right for themselves, they see no reason to extend the right to other groups.
« Last post by Bob J. on June 23, 2017, 10:49:20 pm »
<Amos>
Honest judges who have God’s Word and have an originalist view of our Founding Fathers* Christian capitalist interpretation, guided of course by the laws of Moses (except for those dealing with shrimp). All sitting judges are bought liberal hacks.

* Must be from Pilgrim stock not the folks that actually wrote and signed the Constitution.
</Amos><periods omitted>
Politics and Government / Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Last post by SCarpelan on June 23, 2017, 10:21:37 pm »
Well that's certainly a way to make someone you admire look like a complete bully. Good job, moron cartoonist.
You assume the cartoonist thinks being a bully is a bad thing. The superficial strength of a bully is what authoritarians admire in a leader.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10