Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Entertainment and Television / Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Last post by Cloud3514 on Today at 01:04:38 am »
Sooo, I decided to skip Persona 3 and instead watch the Persona 3 movies. The result:

MMMMM, that's some good existentialism.
This is a new evolutionary theory that may change the Out of Africa Theory. Scientists have found a new fossil of what they think is a newly discovered hominin. They found these fossils in Greece and Bulgaria.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/05/22/europe-birthplace-mankind-not-africa-scientists-find/

Currently, most experts believe that our human lineage split from apes around seven million years ago in central Africa, where hominids remained for the next five million years before venturing further afield.

But two fossils of an ape-like creature which had human-like teeth have been found in Bulgaria and Greece, dating to 7.2 million years ago.

The discovery of the creature, named Graecopithecus freybergi, and nicknameded ‘El Graeco' by scientists, proves our ancestors were already starting to evolve in Europe 200,000 years before the earliest African hominid.

An international team of researchers say the findings entirely change the beginning of human history and place the last common ancestor of both chimpanzees and humans - the so-called Missing Link - in the Mediterranean region.
"To some extent this is a newly discovered missing link"Professor Nikolai Spassov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences

I think this is fascinating because this may be the oldest fossil of a hominin ever found and the fact that it was found in Europe is making scientists question the current theory that we emerged from Africa. I just wonder what other developments might actually come from this.
Politics and Government / Re: Alt-Right
« Last post by The_Queen on May 28, 2017, 07:21:58 pm »
Hey, remember how it's all about freedom of speech and just harmless hate speech?

http://www.wweek.com/uncategorized/2017/05/26/witnesses-man-on-northeast-portland-max-train-cut-the-throats-of-two-men-who-tried-to-stop-anti-muslim-bullying-of-women-passengers/

Except, if you tell someone not to shout racist slurs they might stab you.

* The_Queen waits for a white liberal to explain how it's simply freeze peach
The Lounge / Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Last post by Art Vandelay on May 28, 2017, 07:19:23 pm »
« Last post by davedan on May 28, 2017, 06:37:20 pm »
Note that Garrison was quick to call his lawyers when 4chan were messing with *his* art.  Now he's been seduced by the alt-right, he has no problem with messing with other people's.

Yeah this is amazingly hypocritical of Garrison.

You mean Ben "6 million more" Garrison?  Ben "let's get this shoah on the road" Garrison?  I'd say it's entirely in line with his established character :3

Yeah part of his problem was that people (Nazi's) kept altering his cartoons to make them (more) anti-Semitic. Here is a link to an article about it: https://thenib.com/the-internet-s-most-trolled-cartoonist-91a92d9b7585

He was incredibly upset about people messing with his cartoons but has no problem taking over someone else's. Which is why I would call him a hypocrite. Still I have to admit I get a kick out of his cartoons.
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Last post by Svata on May 28, 2017, 06:22:20 pm »
Sooo... Today's Oglaf?
Politics and Government / Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Last post by The_Queen on May 28, 2017, 06:02:27 pm »
« Last post by ironbite on May 28, 2017, 04:31:50 pm »
So he's like a lot of Bernie-bros upset their boy lost to a woman.

Ironbite-got it.
« Last post by Askold on May 28, 2017, 03:39:56 pm »
I could have posted an Oglaf strip with annoying and paradoxical time travel but the Bob and George "I hate time travel" joke as always funny. And a lot less NSFW.
« Last post by Svata on May 28, 2017, 03:37:55 pm »
Wow. Deep cuts with the bob and george strip.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10