Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Entertainment and Television / Re: Tabletop Game Thread
« Last post by Askold on November 14, 2017, 11:11:14 am »
We got the players for Only war. The Regiment has been planned by the GM with the players having a chance to make few minor adjustments. Light infantry on bicycles. It's going to be a really dark and miserable campaign with troops that lack heavy armour, vehicles and heavy weapons while going up against the horrors of the 41st millenium.

It's going to be fun.
The Lounge / Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Last post by RavynousHunter on November 14, 2017, 09:23:08 am »
Currently?  Under 130kg.  Been hovering around 134-135kg for a while now, and its starting to bug me.  Just haven't had enough motivation to really do much of anything 'til recently.  University is, alas, quite draining.
Entertainment and Television / Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Last post by Art Vandelay on November 14, 2017, 06:33:22 am »
I decided to give A Hat in Time a go. In the very first area of the game, you can swim around in a giant pile of pillows. I believe that says everything that needs to be said.
« Last post by Cloud3514 on November 14, 2017, 12:55:06 am »
Ibbles' Gnome in 50 years: "I don't even remember how to walk!"
« Last post by niam2023 on November 13, 2017, 11:34:38 pm »
Getting back into working out and writing after a long hiatus.  It feels good to finally be working towards something other than school, again.

What's your goal weight? I might be able to be of some assistance.
« Last post by RavynousHunter on November 13, 2017, 11:31:41 pm »
Getting back into working out and writing after a long hiatus.  It feels good to finally be working towards something other than school, again.
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Lady Checkmate on Disqus - Faith & Religion
« Last post by Jocasta on November 13, 2017, 11:22:38 pm »
“If the allegations are true, that’s a darn shame.”

Interesting choice of language from a woman who always has a knee-jerk response of “death penalty” on her own channel for anyone who basically spits on the sidewalk.

“Oh, Roy Moore is a pedophile?  Well that’s a darn shame.  Let’s elect him anyway.”
« Last post by ironbite on November 13, 2017, 03:33:31 pm »
I hit level 6 in my Carrion Crown game with my kineticst.  Think Elemental Bender.  Mine's a gnome areokineticist that specializes in zappy zaps.  Now why is level 6 amazing and significant?

I get Fly.  For free.  And it doesn't ever expire.

Ironbite-bye ground.
Entertainment and Television / Desert Bus For Hope- It's for the kids
« Last post by Svata on November 13, 2017, 04:33:36 am »
Hey, everyone. I think this is a cool thing so I'm going to talk about it. Starting next Friday at 1PM EST, there is going to be a group marathon-streaming Desert Bus in an annual event called Desert Bus for Hope. www.desertbus.org . They sit around and play a bad, boring game and do raffle-style giveaways of lots of cool stuff and otherwise do super entertaining things. All the money raised goes to charity. Specifically Child's Play. They buy games (board, video, card, you name it) for hospitals for kids in those hospitals to use during their stay there. The more that's donated, the longer they play. Last year, they raised more than $693,000. The bus hasn't even started rolling yet, and they've already raised $3,916.65. I think this is a really cool thing, and that some of you might like to know about it. If you feel like it, at any time from now until the end of the run, drop by and give literally any amount. It'll be on stream here  https://www.twitch.tv/desertbus
The Lounge / Re: Things That Annoy You
« Last post by niam2023 on November 13, 2017, 02:29:29 am »
My English class is full of mental infants.

To give you an idea, I'm one of the few passing students in a class I only take to move on up.

There are around six failing students, in a class where the homework involves fixing capitalization mistakes, verbs, adjectives and noun possession. I could accept not being good at something that is your second language. What I can't accept so easily is people failing transparently because they never do anything.

I had to look over someone's paper last week and it looked like something an r/TheRedPill user would vomit up - it was about why men were not marrying any more, and involved ranting against the seizing of "male spaces", men "not wanting to be uncool or emasculated by their shrieking wives", and "the media" portraying married people as losers.

There are like three students who sit at the back, all giggling and chatting amongst themselves, and constantly disrupting class with no consequences in sight.

One student asked another to copy all of the homework for her, and acted offended when I reported this transparent plagiarism to the teacher playing it off as a joke.

The failing students seem to see me as a Jerk Jock who's out to torment them incessantly...an impression I'll admit I am considering playing up. The super-chatty students usually sit in one location, and I've been thinking of having my workout bag take up one seat, and my school bag take up another.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]