Author Topic: Romney Inflates His 2011 Taxes to 14.1%  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Romney Inflates His 2011 Taxes to 14.1%
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:45:52 pm »
You read right, boys and girls and everything in between. Romney released his 2011 tax returns (on a Friday when no one would be watching) and showed us he did everything he could to pay MORE than he owes. And for that? He paid 14.1%.

If he hadn't done that? He'd have paid 9%. I recall what he said in July:

"Frankly, if I had paid more than are legally due, I don't think I'd be qualified to become president. I'd think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires."

...wow.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Re: Romney Inflates His 2011 Taxes to 14.1%
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 04:50:06 pm »
Speaking of taxes, what about the whole Romney's tax records were hacked into and are being held ransom and will be released some time soon unless paid?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 05:26:03 pm »
Right before I saw this thread, I was thinking that Romney could win points with the middle class by donating enough money to the government that he's paid the same rate as them for the last 10 years or so. So much for that.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 05:34:12 pm »
Mitt Romney: the most bourgeois cracker alive.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:36:49 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 06:35:33 pm »
OH BOO HOO!  YOU PAID 14.1%  YOU CAN SO BE PRESIDENT MITT!  I WAS WRONG ABOUT YOU!  I WAS...wrong.

Ironbite-shut up and go back to the Cayman's you no-spine Frankenstein-looking prick.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 09:47:19 pm »
The best part is the day after the election when the story comes out that Mitt filed an amendment to his return so he can get his money.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 10:08:56 pm »
Why does it matter? He's fucked if he does and fucked if he doesn't.

I honestly still don't know he picked up on the liberal grevience on taxes, mainly it's not how much you pay, but the fact that capital gains, the largest loophole in the code, is taxed at a far lower rate than wages. If he did, nothing can fix that. He can't deny his investment gains or sell them off in a heartbeat. So why is this news?

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 06:16:38 am »
I'm literally watching a rerun of Maddow on this very topic.  For the record, 14.1% is something like 6-8% lower than the average American pays in income taxes each year.  The EIC is bs and does NOT cause people to not pay taxes.  It simply allows you to get more of what was withheld back on a certain percentage of your earnings.

Also, how did he "forget" to include his Swiss accounts (most popular tax haven after the Cayman Islands) in his financial statements?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 03:43:57 pm »
I always pay more in taxes so I ALWAYS get a tax rebate come tax time.  Haven't owed yet, and that's the way I like it.  The trade-off? I pay about 20% in taxes per paycheck.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."