Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 101253 times)

Offline SheChire

• Neonate
  • No pickles!
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1290 on: May 09, 2017, 02:14:56 pm »
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is good fun. Just not as good fun as the first one.
Care to give us a quick synopsis perhaps? I really do not mind the spoilers.  :)
Now with 15% more pills!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1291 on: May 13, 2017, 04:41:30 pm »
Without going too deep into the movie, Vol. 2 very much felt like an expansion of 1 and allowed us to explore the characters we got to know in the first one.  Some, got a bit more depth added to them while others barely felt touched upon.  It's a decent movie but ultimately doesn't actually advance the rest of the MCU storyline proper.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1292 on: May 21, 2017, 02:29:14 am »
Well, it does give Guardians its first connection to Earth, plus one of the stingers possibly hints toward Infinity War, but other than those (rather minor) things and the possibility of some of the weird and insane Marvel shit (fact: James Gunn is a bigger Marvel nerd than you are) being relevant later, it is more or less filler.

It works well as a standalone movie, better as a continuation of the first Guardians of the Galaxy, but it does very little to advance the metaplot. Also, Drax didn't do anything.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1293 on: July 07, 2017, 05:29:15 am »
Bit late but saw Wonder Woman recently.  It looked like more typical DC crap to me so I thought everyone saying it was good was being generous or had lowered their standards because they really wanted this film to not be utter shite.  But I ended up seeing it with some people and nope, it's actually rather good.  Characters are likeable and feel deep, their motivations are clear, there's no confused pretentious ramblings about gods or some shit, there's no product placement and everything makes sense - you're not constantly asking question throughout the film.

DC made a good film without Nolan, that was produced and written by Snyder.  I'm pretty sure this is mentioned in Revelations as one of the signs of the end times.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1294 on: July 07, 2017, 08:02:27 am »
Kubo and the Two Strings.  Oh my god.

Ironbite-just...watch it if you've got Netflix.