Author Topic: Results of Iowa  (Read 16942 times)

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
Re: Results of Iowa
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 02:37:04 am »
So, Romney won by 8 points over Santorum but it was a close race. ....

seriously am I the only one who saw this?

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 10:14:42 am »
Related.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 02:07:22 pm »
Related.

This seems like one of those things that belong in the strange fetish thread.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 03:49:44 pm »
That has to be 'shopped.

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »
Nope, it's a parody twitter account.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 04:13:02 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks this Santorum stuff is going too far?
Don't get me wrong, I don't support Santorum and I disagree with his politics but this namecalling thing is just childish.

Also it is funny that Romney has a steady small support and the rest of the Republicans go from one candidate to the other "We just want to vote someone who ISN'T Romney!!!"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 04:31:59 pm »
I am surprised to see Huntsman is still in this race.

Gingrich has said that he'd stay just to smite Romney and here is his ad doing so:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EApRHZ1WAc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EApRHZ1WAc</a>
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 04:34:40 pm »
seriously am I the only one who saw this?

No, I saw that on DU yesterday and laughed.

Napoleon the Clown

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 04:36:30 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I don't support Santorum and I disagree with his politics but this namecalling thing is just childish.

Also it is funny that Romney has a steady small support and the rest of the Republicans go from one candidate to the other "We just want to vote someone who ISN'T Romney!!!"
I guess equating the substance with the man is pretty insulting. Anal sex gets a bad enough rap as it is, why should we be connecting it to such a deplorable sack of shit?

Oh, wait. You think Rick Santorum deserves any respect. Adorable.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012, 08:20:28 am »

I guess equating the substance with the man is pretty insulting. Anal sex gets a bad enough rap as it is, why should we be connecting it to such a deplorable sack of shit?

Oh, wait. You think Rick Santorum deserves any respect. Adorable.

This is not about whether or not he deserves respect. My problem is that instead of attacking his politics Dan Savage and others decided to mock Santorum by name. I simply looked at Santorum's Wikipedia page and discovered that he supported waterboarding (he defended it claiming it helped find Osama), he is against GLBT rights, he wanted to include intellegent design in No Child Left Behind bill. There are so many things he has done/supported that could have been attacked.

This is just childish.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vene

• Pope
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2012, 10:40:53 am »
Ridicule is a very effective political weapon and the man is a childish, thoughtless, hateful prick. This isn't a matter of maturity, this is a matter of using a time tested political strategy.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 02:07:58 pm »
Ridicule is a very effective political weapon and the man is a childish, thoughtless, hateful prick. This isn't a matter of maturity, this is a matter of using a time tested political strategy.

Especially since it works. Since Dan Savage dropped his Google bomb, no one can take Santorum seriously. Even if they do, it's still there in the back of their minds.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 05:52:31 pm »
Tangentially related: after reminding her proved largely useless, I got my daughter to start saying excuse-me by calling her Farty von Fart-fart every time she forgot her manners.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2012, 06:35:21 pm »
This is not about whether or not he deserves respect. My problem is that instead of attacking his politics Dan Savage and others decided to mock Santorum by name. I simply looked at Santorum's Wikipedia page and discovered that he supported waterboarding (he defended it claiming it helped find Osama), he is against GLBT rights, he wanted to include intellegent design in No Child Left Behind bill. There are so many things he has done/supported that could have been attacked.

This is just childish.
It's not an either/or proposition. You can criticise his views, and you can make fun of him endlessly, assuming you're not one of his political opponents but just some minor person commenting on the situation (like Dan Savage). If, say, Romney had started the Santorum campaign, then it would rightly be considered a stupid and childish political manoeuvre. But it was just a joke between Dan Savage and his readers that happened to catch on. People have every right to make fun of other people they consider stupid, vile, hateful, or just ridiculous. That's kind of why this place exists, in fact.
Σא

Offline Vene

• Pope
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2012, 06:58:15 pm »

This is just childish.
It's not an either/or proposition. You can criticise his views, and you can make fun of him endlessly, assuming you're not one of his political opponents but just some minor person commenting on the situation (like Dan Savage). If, say, Romney had started the Santorum campaign, then it would rightly be considered a stupid and childish political manoeuvre. But it was just a joke between Dan Savage and his readers that happened to catch on. People have every right to make fun of other people they consider stupid, vile, hateful, or just ridiculous. That's kind of why this place exists, in fact.
I'd like to add to this that the campaign by Savage was started because of very anti-gay remarks made by Santorum. Which lead to Rick Santorum being known as Mr. Frothy because both Santorums ruin sexy-fun-time.