Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 401622 times)

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1365 on: July 19, 2017, 10:07:05 pm »
Breaking, McCain has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. I disagree with him politically, but him telling the woman at the rally that Obama was not a muslim terrorist, but a decent family man was one of the most noble things that a Republican has done in the last 10 years. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I wish him a speedy and full recovery because I want to see him lose at the ballot box in 2022.

Not funny. Some reports indicate that this type is particularly malignant, and that the estimated life span following diagnosis is 15 months. I predict him resigning to spend time with his family and focus on fighting this (or being away a lot, while staying in for votes where he is necessary)
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1366 on: July 19, 2017, 10:50:26 pm »
I'm a sociopath and that...was cold blooded. I'm legit impressed, Dpareja. Did not know you had it in you.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1367 on: July 19, 2017, 11:04:30 pm »
I'm not a sociopath and I didn't find it the least bit shocking.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1368 on: July 19, 2017, 11:38:04 pm »
I'm a budding alcoholic and I'm confused and a little bit tired.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1369 on: July 19, 2017, 11:48:31 pm »
I'm a sociopath and that...was cold blooded. I'm legit impressed, Dpareja. Did not know you had it in you.

I never want politicians to die in office. Either because I like them and don't want to see them wither away as a shell of what they once were (so retire already!), or because I don't like them and want them to lose in an election as a rejection of what they stand for. (This is also one reason why I don't like term limits.)

That, and if you think the only way to get a given politician out of office is to wait for that person to die or retire, that can lead to dangerous places (either you're secretly admitting you wouldn't shed too many tears if he was assassinated, or you're admitting that you can't beat him in an election, and I don't think any politician is unbeatable, and especially not one as unpopular in his home state as John McCain).

tl;dr I'm being completely serious. I want McCain to make a full recovery, and then for him to run again and lose in 2022.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1370 on: July 19, 2017, 11:57:53 pm »
So you want him to get better so as that our people can politically humiliate him and send him packing out of Washington, the sheer humiliation and stress from how ugly and personal American elections can be these days might just as well end his life too.

Well, at any rate, I've got a new appreciation for you.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1371 on: July 20, 2017, 12:05:47 am »
So you want him to get better so as that our people can politically humiliate him and send him packing out of Washington, the sheer humiliation and stress from how ugly and personal American elections can be these days might just as well end his life too.

Well, at any rate, I've got a new appreciation for you.

I want him to lose... but if he runs again in 2022 and wins, then that's what Arizonans want, and I'd respect that choice. They chose him in 2016, and I think they should be represented by the Senator of their choice for the full six years of the term for which they elected him.

And I think that, if you disagree with a politician, you should work to get that person out of office via the democratic process*. Death happens--but it's not something I'd wish on anyone.

EDIT: *And yes, that applies even to politicians I like. If you're in Vermont and think you'd make a better Senator for your state than Bernie Sanders, then run. If you're in Massachusetts and think you'd make a better Senator for your state than Elizabeth Warren, then run. I'd probably hope you lose at the ballot box, but I would never urge you not to run.

If I thought I'd make a better MP for my riding than my current MP, I'd run (or, rather, challenge him for his party's nomination, since I generally support his party)... except that I don't think I would.

EDIT #2:

On another issue, but contains a core principle with which I agree:

We should hold people who run for Senate to a higher standard. 6 years is a long time. Some people here arguing to take that away from the People and give it back to State houses. That's disturbing. If you trust them more then We The People, then you're probably a partisan minded individual.

I don't want decisions on who the people's representatives will be being made by anything or anyone other than the people, and that includes death.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:44:49 am by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1372 on: July 20, 2017, 02:41:19 am »
Obama has class:

Something that certain current presidents lack.

On that note... Trump is complaining about 4 people stopping the GOP from passing their laws and how it is totally unfair that 4 people can stop nearly 50. ...Because the Democrats don't count? He is trying to shift the blame from GOP making a law that none of the Democrats can support and instead blame the few GOP members who can't support the law. What a loser.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1373 on: July 20, 2017, 02:44:27 am »
Obama has class:

John McCain is a hero.

I disagree with him politically on most issues, and want to see him out of office (through democratic means), but he is a hero for his actions in captivity in Vietnam.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1374 on: July 20, 2017, 04:04:01 am »
In lighter news, Donald Trump jr is completely miserable and "can't wait for these four years to be over."  Apparently making business deals when your dad is under heavy scrutiny and everyone spent the last two years learning what horrible assholes and incompetents you are is next to impossible.

Maybe he should have thought about that before breaking all those laws?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world-0/us-politics/trump-jr-miserable-since-father-donald-president-family-business-a7849771.html

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1375 on: July 20, 2017, 04:19:57 am »
The sad thing is that he and his brother could spill everything about all of their and their dad's shady/illegal business dealings during Congressional testimony and they probably still wouldn't get much more than a slap on the wrist.

Even though, y'know, they probably could give pretty solid proof of any number of impeachable offences their dad has committed since taking office.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1376 on: July 20, 2017, 07:59:51 am »
The GOP has made their bed party over country and don't give a shit about how much it hurts the world.  And sadly, they'll just keep getting away with it because they run the game.

Ironbite-I pity them because when the game changes, they'll be the first against the wall.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #1377 on: July 20, 2017, 02:35:09 pm »
So, according to the New Republic the Orange Clown has been in bed with Russian mobsters for decades. It's not only casual business ties that are a no surprise to anyone anymore; the mobsters laundering money through his businesses was a main factor in him building his fortune after going bankrupt in the 90's and the first connection goes all the way to 1984. Some of these same mobsters have close connections to Putin himself. While there is no smoking gun and the dyeface is in principle stupid enough to be a credible ignorant patsy not even he can be stupid enough to not to realize he is dealing with money that is dirty in some way. My guess is that he just doesn't care to find out details of where the money comes from as long as it keeps flowing to him and is too stupid and pampered to consider that he could face consequences of some kind.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1378 on: July 21, 2017, 01:03:54 pm »
Aaaand Spicer is out: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/21/us/politics/sean-spicer-resigns-as-white-house-press-secretary.html

This seems important:

The appointment of Mr. Scaramucci, a favorite of Mr. Trump’s earliest campaign supporters, was backed by the president’s daughter Ivanka, his son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, the officials said.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1379 on: July 21, 2017, 03:08:54 pm »
This is a guy owed favor and Spicy did not want him there.

Ironbite-tells me all I need to know.