Community > Politics and Government

Alt-Right

(1/22) > >>

Askold:
Hey, looks like we don't have a thread for this bunch of rabid raccoons yet, so I decided to make one.

Let's start with some recent news: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/02/cpac_invented_an_alternate_history_of_the_alt_right.html

--- Quote ---Shortly after the conference began on Thursday, Dan Schneider, executive director of the American Conservative Union—the group that puts on CPAC—gave a speech denouncing the alt-right as left-wing infiltrators. “There is a sinister organization that is trying to worm its way into our ranks,” he said, arguing that the term “alt-right” had been “hijacked” by a “hate-filled left-wing fascist group.”
--- End quote ---

So the Alt-Right name actually means that they are leftists?

--- Quote ---Schneider referred specifically to the conference in November where Spencer, standing before a giddy crowd of clean-cut racists, gave a Nazi salute and said, “Heil Trump, heil our people, heil victory!” Schneider’s argument was similar to the one Jonah Goldberg made in his risible book Liberal Fascism: Fascists are inherently left-wing because they believe in government power. (Apparently this is true even when they’re hailing the government power to crush the left.) “Hateful left-wing fascists are not like anybody here,” Schneider said.
--- End quote ---

Oh, now it makes sense. They are leftists because they are Nazis.

I wonder how the Alt-Right feels now that they've been dumped by the GOP?

Id82:
The no true Scotsman fallacy is in full effect in this one.
They can't be part of us because they're Nazis and Nazis are bad, so they must be liberals. Cause Liberals are bad. I mean Liberals are all for equality and personal freedoms and the Nazis were all for the eradication of certain races and strong nationalism see it's like the same thing.

fancy_kitten:
We only are just now getting a thread on them?  Wow.  My opinion is that they're basically a living contradiction- they claim to be the antithesis of PC culture, but are too cowardly to call themselves what they are (nazis) and respond to differing viewpoints by getting offended and shouting but not making any kind of coherent argument.

Id82:
They make fun of SJWs and safe spaces, when in fact they are their own brand of SJW for white people, and have their own safe spaces to hang out on like /pol/, Breitbart and what ever not banned subreddit they're on.

pyro:
Ex-Anonymous edgelords. How many of them are even old enough to vote?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version