Community > Politics and Government

May's snap election call in Britain

(1/2) > >>

Tolpuddle Martyr:
May just challenged Corbyn to go to the polls in an early election, Corbyn-despite waffling on Brexit and currently displaying the charisma and popularity of a wet moldy sock, agreed. The Lib Dems are also keen.

I can't stand the Tories but it's a smart play, Labour are weak and disorganized, Corbyn clearly wishes this whole Brexit thing would just go away and the Lib Dems are hungrily eyeing both Labour and Tory seats-though a shitload of people probably distrust them with good reason after that whole "coalition with the Tories" thing.

Be interesting to see how this shitshow plays out.

dpareja:
The SNP are probably licking their chops at the thought of a) taking 58 if not all 59 Scottish seats, b) calling a snap election in Scotland after May pushes through a hard Brexit, and c) calling a new independence referendum.

Stormwarden:
May as well get the popcorn. The US and Britain are putting on one hell of a show.

It isn't often we see a combination of comedy and tragedy, but that's exactly what we're seeing in the current state of politics.

The only time I ever saw this level of dark humor was on Dr. Strangelove.

niam2023:
As FSTDT's main page can testify, Corbyn does not have the best people loyal to him - honestly, I am hoping rational heads manage to make some leads and inroads in Britain.

That, and get those wackobirds quoted out of Labor.

Kanzenkankaku:
This one's about a week from now iirc, I don't follow British politics too much, but I have heard that Corbyn is pretty much considered a huge fuck-up and not even his own party like him that much currently. I did briefly pay attention during the initial vote about Brexit though, that was a complete shitshow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version