Community > Politics and Government

Congress on Track to Make Boycotting Israel Illegal

(1/4) > >>

Eiki-mun:

--- Quote ---Members of Congress are currently considering a bill that threatens to silence the growing support for the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement for Palestinian freedom and human rights, known as B.D.S. This draconian bill, the Israel Anti-Boycott Act, threatens individuals and businesses who actively participate in boycott campaigns in support of Palestinian rights conducted by international governmental organizations with up to 20 years in prison and a $1,000,000 fine.
--- End quote ---

Source: https://nyti.ms/2xS0heB

Long story short, Congress wants to make expressing your free speech in support of Palestianian rights illegal, with up to 20 years of jail time as punishment. No matter what your opinions on Israel are, this should shock and scare you. This is literally Congress dictating that holding a certain political view is against the law, and will be punished with jail time. This is utterly atrocious.

Tolpuddle Martyr:
Any sign the Dems give a shit or they staying quiet on this one?

dpareja:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this passed with overwhelming bipartisan support.

Eiki-mun:

--- Quote from: dpareja on September 08, 2017, 01:41:49 am ---I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this passed with overwhelming bipartisan support.

--- End quote ---

And then within a month is taken to court because a clearer violation of the First Amendment I do not see.

dpareja:

--- Quote from: Eiki-mun on September 08, 2017, 01:46:10 am ---
--- Quote from: dpareja on September 08, 2017, 01:41:49 am ---I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this passed with overwhelming bipartisan support.

--- End quote ---

And then within a month is taken to court because a clearer violation of the First Amendment I do not see.

--- End quote ---

Remember when Trump said that he would be neutral on Israel-Palestine (i.e. actually said something reasonable)? He immediately switched to being 1100000% in favour of Israel as soon as the establishment gave him flack. In the DC-New York bubble, you ARE NOT ALLOWED to be against Israel. Period.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version