Community > Religion and Philosophy

The world will end on Saturday

(1/5) > >>

Skybison:
Just wanted to make sure everyone knows, but on Saturday Planet X will collide with the Earth setting off the events fortold by the book of Revelations.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/09/17/the-world-as-we-know-it-is-about-to-end-again-if-you-believe-this-biblical-doomsday-claim/?utm_term=.1adad4612f75

Just a heads up so you can get your affairs in order.

If you're wondering how we know:

--- Quote ---Meade’s prediction is based largely on verses and numerical codes in the Bible. He has homed in one number: 33.

“Jesus lived for 33 years. The name Elohim, which is the name of God to the Jews, was mentioned 33 times [in the Bible],” Meade told The Washington Post. “It’s a very biblically significant, numerologically significant number. I’m talking astronomy. I’m talking the Bible … and merging the two.”

And Sept. 23 is 33 days since the Aug. 21 total solar eclipse, which Meade believes is an omen.

--- End quote ---

Art Vandelay:
Well, who's up for the obligatory doomsday orgy?

Bob J.:

--- Quote from: Skybison on September 19, 2017, 12:04:58 am ---Just a heads up so you can get your affairs in order.

--- End quote ---

I see no reason to get my affairs in order. By Sunday morning all my heirs (and errors) will be gone.

--- Quote ---Well, who's up for the obligatory doomsday orgy?

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I’m already going to a much more sedate gathering. Have fun and don’t worry about that morning-after hangover.

Cloud3514:

--- Quote from: Art Vandelay on September 19, 2017, 12:22:18 am ---Well, who's up for the obligatory doomsday orgy?

--- End quote ---

Well, if it's as good as the last one, you can count me in.

KingOfRhye:
Wait a minute.....33?

The beer Rolling Rock (which features the number 33 on its bottles for no definitively-answered reason) is the harbinger of the apocalypse?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version