Author Topic: The Newbie Thread  (Read 242168 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: The Newbie Thread
« Reply #360 on: December 23, 2012, 12:23:22 am »
Hey everybody. This is my first forum post, but I've been posting comments in the main page every once in a while.

Oh, and I am not Ironbite. The similarity of our nicks is purely coincidental.

I live in New Mexico. I've been an atheist for about seven years (I was originally brought up as a Jehovah's Witness and it's been a slow de-fundie-ing from there). I believe the universe and everything in it can exist just fine on its own and it doesn't need a superior "creator". Politically I lean toward pinko-commie. I enjoy reading sci-fi and fantasy, and writing simple programs in my spare time.

You and Ironbite should fight to the death. I demand it.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #361 on: December 23, 2012, 12:32:27 am »
I'll bring the baby oil!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #362 on: December 23, 2012, 12:59:35 am »
Cept I'm a robot and I respawn.

Ironbite-and explode.

Offline Goosey

• Neonate
  • unacceptable and against morality behavior
« Reply #363 on: December 26, 2012, 12:44:57 am »
So judging by my low post-count I guess I'm new?

Hi, everyone *waves*
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity, for it doth beget five and ten points in Scrabble, and is more worthy than the eleven and nine points of the other two respectively.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #364 on: December 26, 2012, 12:50:59 am »
Talk to me, Goosey. (I'm dating myself again)

Anyway, hi.

Offline Goosey

• Neonate
  • unacceptable and against morality behavior
« Reply #365 on: December 26, 2012, 01:01:22 am »
I thought all methods of dating were unreliable enough for a 6000 year old earth to be within the margin of error?

I should stop dating myself. I never take myself anywhere nice. Plus my girlfriend gets jealous.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity, for it doth beget five and ten points in Scrabble, and is more worthy than the eleven and nine points of the other two respectively.

Offline SOGFPP

• Neonate
  • Catholic/Veteran/Hyundai Service Advisor
« Reply #366 on: January 15, 2013, 09:58:21 am »
Newbie here ..... kinda overwhelmed - be gentle  :P

Hello all!

-Scott
Servant of God Father Patrick Peyton, pray for us....

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #367 on: January 19, 2013, 03:34:39 am »
Newbie here ..... kinda overwhelmed - be gentle  :P

Hello all!

-Scott

At first I thought you were Radiation, since you share an avatar with her xD

Welcome to the forums!
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #368 on: January 22, 2013, 10:35:03 am »
Hello, fellow FSTDTers! ^^ I have lurked on the site for a long time, and it is good to sign up properly!

I'm an Aussie and I'm pretty big girl-nerd! I love fiction - fantasy and sci-fi in particular. I devour books, videogames, movies and TV shows, and I absolutely love dramatic trailer-style music. Some of my favourite fictional works are Pokemon, The Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, The Elder Scrolls, Star Trek and others.

I am also a writer! I have not published anything yet, but I am writing a fantasy novel with my mother and I plan to write at least two other books by myself. I am almost entirely self-taught, but I hope to increase my skills! I find that my greatest strength in writing is inventing creative settings.

I am also an avowed transhumanist, and transhumanism has dramatically changed my view of the future of humanity, technology and capabilities of both. It has also altered my morals, and I am the first to admit that quite a few of my moral beliefs are...non-standard. As an example, I am of the opinion that all people should have a fundamental right to free or very cheap access to transhumanist technologies.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #369 on: January 22, 2013, 11:50:13 am »
Welcome, SOGFPP and Indikins! :)

I must admit, I'm surprised that a fellow Whovian is a transhumanist, considering.

But maybe that's me.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #370 on: January 22, 2013, 12:07:14 pm »
Nice to meet you Indikins. Regarding dramatic trailer music, I have a whole playlist devoted to epicly dramatic music, mostly from movie scores.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #371 on: January 22, 2013, 12:57:34 pm »
Thank you very much for your greetings, JohnE and TheL!

Welcome, SOGFPP and Indikins! :)

I must admit, I'm surprised that a fellow Whovian is a transhumanist, considering.

But maybe that's me.

Haha, I see where you're coming from! However, I still love Doctor Who despite its generally anti-transhumanist themes. I certainly enjoy its many characters, settings, plots and unique universe.

Nice to meet you Indikins. Regarding dramatic trailer music, I have a whole playlist devoted to epicly dramatic music, mostly from movie scores.

So do I! I have dozens of dramatic songs for inspiration and to keep my spirits up. My favourites artists are Two Steps From Hell, Jo Blankenburg and Erik Ekholm. I find this music very calming and uplifting.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #372 on: January 24, 2013, 11:54:25 pm »
Guess who didn't see this until he already made over a dozen posts?

Well, my name's Cody. I'm 20 (turning 21 in May) and I'm a professional actor from the Central Florida area. I've only acted as an extra so far, but I have indeed been paid for my work and I've managed to get an IMDB page. I'll list my current resume of noticeable appearances, just so that I can link back to this post if I ever get asked about it again.

* Rockabilly Zombie Weekend, a sort of modern B-movie about zombies attacking Central Florida during a rockabilly-themed wedding of a redneck couple (and from what I've seen of the film so far, the director's statement of "$2 million movie on a $500,000 budget" is accurate). I performed as four different characters, changing my appearance each time to the point of shaving my head into a mohawk, and I was present for 1/4 of the primary photography. I also did ADR (recording many zombie noises and crowd cheering), participated in the photo shoot for the poster, and had a minor appearance in a music video for an original song written for the film.

* Shadowglade, currently a pilot for a sort of supernatural crime show (think Supernatural crossed with CSI). I played a nameless cafe patron, but it was enough to get me IMDB credit.

* Game On, a Disney sitcom set to air in Europe starting in February. I played Jack, one of the employees of the game company where the show takes place. No lines, but I'm in almost every episode and have some major interactions with the main characters.

* Punisher: Outbreak, a web video showcasing a fictional trailer for a "Punisher and Nick Fury fight zombies" film. I played one of the zombies in the forest scene and performed several stunt falls, and a screencap of my death is currently my Facebook cover photo.

I also participated as a scareactor at Halloween Horror Nights 22, with my horde (the Beasts) winning Street of the Year for the whole event. Mix that with the half-dozen high school plays I've done and a pair of crowd scenes in Renee with Kat Dennings and Chad Michael Murray, and I've amassed a sizable amount of experience.

I'm primarily a Democrat liberal, but gun rights are a subject that I remain staunchly supportive of and I'm very much against the Assault Weapons Ban. I'm the proud owner of a 1938 Mosin-Nagant 91/30, complete with bayonet. I'm also an avid gamer and occasional writer.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #373 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:06 pm »
Welcome Indikins and chitoryu12, you two will fit right in here.  :)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2013, 12:31:17 am »
Especially once I get to shaving the bits off.

Ironbtie-*gets out the cleaver*  This will hurt.