Author Topic: Prisoners in Florida keep dying mysteriously  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Prisoners in Florida keep dying mysteriously
« on: January 16, 2015, 05:54:27 am »
And by mysteriously I mean that they are being murdered by the guards.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/14/1357661/-Poisonings-beatings-gassings-Record-346-inmates-die-dozens-of-guards-fired-in-Florida-prisons

Prisoners being poisoned because they dared report sexual abuse by guards...

Prisoners being locked in showers with scalding hot water raining on them until they die...

Prisoners being gassed to death:
Randall Jordan-Aparo died weeping and gasping for breath on the concrete floor of his prison isolation cell, naked except for his white boxer shorts.

Incensed that he had cursed at a nurse, guards at Franklin Correctional Institution in the Panhandle fired nine blasts of noxious gas into his 13-by-8 cell through a slot in the door and, ultimately, left him there, sobbing.

“I can’t breathe, I can’t take it no more, please help me,’’ he pleaded.

Five hours later, the 27-year-old was found lifeless, face-down on the bare slab. His mouth and nose were pressed to the bottom of the door, as if trying to gulp fresh air through the thin crack. His hair, legs, toes, torso and mouth were dusted with a faint orange residue, a byproduct of the gas. A paperback Bible was under his shoulder.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement sent two investigators, Michael Kennedy and Michael DeVaney, to look into what had occurred. Their conclusion, summarized in one paragraph: The “disciplinary actions” taken by guards had no bearing on the death.

“They just said he got sick,’’ Jordan-Aparo’s father, Thomas Aparo, recalled being told by corrections officials.

Note that all these deaths were considered natural and not caused by any wrongdoings by the guards.

I guess you shouldn't do any crimes in USA...

...And you should really hope that you won't be one of the thousands who are imprisoned wrongfully.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Prisoners in Florida keep dying mysteriously
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 06:06:46 am »
I would say this is utterly horrible, but this is Florida - the chance of things meaningfully changing is nil.

Florida, Florida's like The Eye of Terror. People do weird, crazy shit, reality's taking a long vacation and won't be back soon, and there is absolutely no chance to change anything there - because as soon as you do, the horrible, ruinous powers in command of Florida act and prepare to revert their Demesne to its natural state and / or do something to worsen the situation to make up for the changes made. Florida is ruled by insane, cackling creatures who want nothing less than an alcove for their unique blends of horror, and then to slowly spread it outwards, up through the South and throughout the United States.

That is the horrible reality of Florida.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:32:32 am »
Fucking Florida, man.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 10:22:26 am »
Florida man has done a lot but I doubt he is behind this particular atrocity: https://twitter.com/_floridaman
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 10:41:23 am »
Fuck Florida and fuck the prison complex.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 12:37:43 pm »
The US does not consider prisoners to be people. This is, sadly, not unusual. But it also has the highest incarceration rate in the world, adding up to a huge proportion of people systematically dehumanised.

I don't want to say "of course this is going to result in hundreds of deaths", but, well. Yeah.
Σא

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 02:43:49 pm »
I don't want to say "of course this is going to result in hundreds of deaths", but, well. Yeah.
Some deaths are unavoidable, people are able to kill others (or themselves) even in prisons and being deprived of your freedom is certainly not going to put you in good mood. With more prisoners there are more of these types of deaths, that is unavoidable (Unless the prisoners are restrained 24/7 and kept sedated or something like that.)

The problem here is that when the guards committing crimes, even murders AND these crimes are being systematically ignored or even covered it is not something that is inevitable or excusable.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 01:02:04 am »
Y'know; I am well aware that the Democrats are mediocre....but what does the Sane Majority hope to gain by staying home every Election Day? We lazily sit at home en masse while the minority who are crazy go out and vote without fail! I don't care if there's all that gerrymandering, if over 90% of Americans voted without fail, none of that gerrymandering crap wouldn't matter. America would be BLUE! The Far-Right would FALL and, eventually, over time, the political arena would become open to more Liberal candidates!

You'd think that with all our education & intellectualism that we Progressive Americans would be pounding the Regressives! Corporate money only explains so much! What does corporate money do, anyway, fancier political ads? Screw that! Use social media! Do fund-raisers! Where there's a will there's a way!

To Sane America, LISTEN UP.....Not Voting is not a good protest! It's what got us in this mess to begin with! Why do you think that it would magically make Regressives disappear?

Why can't the Progressives get together and and get ahead? Are we not the Majority? Are we not the brainier ones? The Far-Right has infighting and schisms, too but they're not disappearing!

We should learn from the Far-Right's playbook! Why aren't we implementing those strategies? Where's the planning? The scheming? The psychology? The propaganda? The language-framing? The Progressive candidates running for offices en masse from the bottom-up?

Today's youth are more Progressive than ever! This is good news! A bright future! However, that's all meaningless if they sit at home, picking their noses!

Sometimes I wonder if "Real America" is as sane and forward thinking as I thought.

I know, this will end, eventually, and America will eventually move Leftward.....but it's taking so DAMNED LONG! How long does a gal have to wait until "Sane America" finally flexes it's superior muscle (by virtue of number alone) and kicks the Wingnuts to the curb?!

Maybe Florida is the way it is due to all those old senile "Snowbirds" voting! They don't call Florida "God's Waiting Room" for nothing!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 01:40:19 am »
A large part of the problem is that voting day isn't a national holiday. Employers are under no obligation to allow their workers any time off to vote, even if their hours would force them to miss the open polls. Early voting has also been getting harder and harder for everyone but (I think) the military in recent years, not to mention Republicans introducing their voter-ID laws and the thousands of minorities whose names "mysteriously" vanish from voting rolls.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.