Author Topic: Whats your Zombie Plan?  (Read 3877 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Whats your Zombie Plan?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 10:40:05 am »
That's a good point.  They would float, most likely though, what with the build-up of gasses.  Provided these are the dead-and-rotting-whoops-there-goes-my-arm zombies.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 10:50:26 am »
Even if they were more capable, a boat would still be a far safer place than a fortified structure. If you anchor a boat a few kilometres off shore, even pro athletes will have a very hard time getting to you without a boat of their own, and that's assuming the seas are calm.

Of course, even if they make it, there's still the matter of getting into your boat, and unless there's a ladder or your boat's no larger than a small speed boat, defending it would require no more than simply poking anything that gets too close to the anchor chain with a pointy stick.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 11:20:30 am »
There was a movie I remember seeing part of...  All I remember was there were zombies in the water, and they were banding up and becoming a more cohesive unit.  There was a black guy zombie leading them.... and...  I think everybodydiedtheend.

They seemed to come out none the worse for wear... well... other than being zombies.

Oh yeah and there's Shark Vs Zombie.

That was Land of the Dead

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 11:38:18 am »
Also if the zombie affliction can't be spread to animals, predators and the like would be making meals of the living-dead.  And that would so thin their numbers.

Honestly if I don't put a bullet in my head, I take to the ocean in a small houseboat and just pile the seas until the population of the living dead was thined out.  Probably getting supplies from trading/scavenging.

Ironbite-but more then likely I'll be putting a bullet in my head.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 12:19:32 pm »
Yeah, if an individual zombie is only dangerous for 20 hours or so, it shouldn't take that long for the problem to take care of itself.  They're slow and unintelligent, so it shouldn't take people long to figure out how to deal with them, so maybe the boat option would be good.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 02:16:13 pm »
I'll purchase my own section of vaults at a bank and stock loads of nonperishables and weapons there. When the zombies hit, I'll gather all my loved ones and head to the bank, and we'll hide out there until the whole thing blows over. I'll have electronics on hand to follow the news and the spread of the zombies, and if that eventually fails, we'll alternate as lookouts to see what the situation is in our town. That's where I'm concerned about losing men. Because of that, I may need to stock some grenades to clear the area any time the lookout does a check for us.

If the vast majority of Earth's population becomes zombified, then I suppose we'll spend our remaining days fucking and trying to enjoy ourselves. I don't know the strength of today's bank vaults, so perhaps if the military launches an attack to wipe all zombies off the map, we'll survive in our sturdy little fortification.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 06:11:56 pm »
If you've seen the locals round here, you'll realise I would have a problem even noticing that zombies are even on the loose. It'll look like just another day to me.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 10:03:47 pm »
Make a quick run to 7-11 for beer, cigarettes, and coffee. The just watch old Western movies while drinking the beer and coffee and smoking big fat smelly cigars. That way anyone who isn't a zombie will leave me the hell alone. Damn, now that's a nice plan right there.

Or just try to wake myself up and remember not to eat Mexican right before bed. Because if I see zombies, and Bruce Cambell isn't around, it's probably a dream.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:31:03 pm by rookie »
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.