Author Topic: "Question Evolution" hypocrisy about academic freedom and "true science"  (Read 8081 times)

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
I think you should stop, Ignored. It was quite civil and you were pointing out good things before, but you and the correspondence is starting to delve into just tit for tat. That said, they are already there and you just have the appearance of it.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Good advice.  My email account says that they've left me another facebook message.

Let 'em wait.

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
Science does not deal with unknown and unknowable entities.

That's not strictly true, is it? 

Atheistic science is always striving to find "natural" explanations at the expense of God, even where the explanations they come up with are self-contradictory and absurd.
Visit my Youtube channel for more videos and information :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9YnqI2le1uwXxWwQ6w

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?

Atheistic science is always striving to find "natural" explanations at the expense of God, even where the explanations they come up with are self-contradictory and absurd.

Actually, it is strictly true. Science deals in the natural; if they find a natural explanation for something that works consistently, then by definition, it's a natural phenomenon. If God is so weak that he can be defeated by mere mortals using their minds, that puts him on about the same level as Frankenstein.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Below Frankenstein actually.

Ironbite-that took fire and pitchforks.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
If by "at the expense of god" you mean "at the exense of explanations that have not been or cannot be objectively varified and have little or no predictive power," then yes, that is what science does.

I'm interested in what scientific theories you think are contradictory.

As for being absurd, that's highly subjective. To me, your religious myths are absurd. On the other hand, quantum mechanics is very counter-intuitive, even absurd, but it is repeatedly verified and has a lot of predictive power, so I believe it dispite its apparent strangeness.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Science aside, my argument against Creationism is always the same.  Why do Creationists, who claim they want the 'the whole story,' immediately say, "God did it?"  What about the Hindu story of creation?  What about the Native American tales?  What about aliens or meteorites (which count as outside influences)?  What makes God and the Bible more real than any other religion and its holy books?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!

Well if it worked in supernatural terms it wouldn't be science, now would it?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
What makes God and the Bible more real than any other religion and its holy books?

This part especially.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Original quote.

Science is always striving to find natural explanations. God damn those durdy scientistic ratfinks and their sciency science!!!

What I read.

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network

Kind of like the absurd explanations creationists come up with for the observation of the fact that we can see stars from further away than the biblical age of the universe allows?

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX

Actually, it is strictly true. Science deals in the natural; if they find a natural explanation for something that works consistently, then by definition, it's a natural phenomenon. If God is so weak that he can be defeated by mere mortals using their minds, that puts him on about the same level as Frankenstein.

Uh, the real Frankstein wasn't a real monster and was killed out of the fear of man and the unknown than anything else, along with the ambition of man being too great.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?

Uh, the real Frankstein wasn't a real monster and was killed out of the fear of man and the unknown than anything else, along with the ambition of man being too great.

I was referring to the doctor, not the creature.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Right, right. Yeah, he was kind of an ass.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
even where the explanations they come up with are self-contradictory and absurd.

Would you like to show us one?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.