Author Topic: What sex acts are considered off limits for Christian couples?  (Read 7031 times)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Re: What sex acts are considered off limits for Christian couples?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 05:44:00 pm »
A rough rule of thumb here is, if it's pleasurable it's sinful.

Right, which makes me question: If God supposedly designed us and hates non-procreative sex, wouldn't he have made it so that we have painful sex by implementing some sort of thing like barbs on penises a la cats?
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 05:45:47 pm »
Because making babies is supposed to feel good, and non-baby-making sex is a test of our faith.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline eldritchMortician

• Neonate
  • Waiting for the TARDIS
    • eldritchMortician's Slab
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 01:21:39 am »
I was raised Jehovah's Witness. They basically forbid premarital sex, masturbation, oral sex, anal sex, and "unnatural" sex acts (i.e. BDSM/homosexuality/polyamory etc), and even have had a history of announcing from the platform that you could lose "privileges" if it became known you participated in "unnatural" positions like doggie style within your own marriage.

I wish to god I was making this up.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 05:02:48 am »
Judaism actually takes a rather different tack. Sex is as much to reinforce the bonds of marriage as it is to produce children. So while extramarital sex is still forbidden, married couples can do whatever they hell they want in their own bedroom.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 09:11:29 am »
I was raised Jehovah's Witness. They basically forbid premarital sex, masturbation, oral sex, anal sex, and "unnatural" sex acts (i.e. BDSM/homosexuality/polyamory etc), and even have had a history of announcing from the platform that you could lose "privileges" if it became known you participated in "unnatural" positions like doggie style within your own marriage.

It's creepy, isn't it?
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 09:23:25 am »

It's creepy, isn't it?

Oh my god where does it say in bible that thou shalt not get on your hands and knees
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 12:56:15 pm »
Somewhere in the back.

Ironbite-Revelations or something

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 01:27:59 pm »
If you want to find a verse in the Bible that could conceivably be interpreted to ban something, all you need is a minimum of creativity and the willingness to slog your way through.

Off the top of my head, you could probably reinterpret some of the verses about sodomy to be about any sexual practice except for whichever you consider appropriate, or claim something about treating your body as a temple.
Σא

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 06:49:12 pm »

I can't think of anything less "unnatural" than doggy style.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 07:47:45 pm »
I once read a guide to sex for Christians that said pretty anything goes as long as it's between a man and a woman who are married to each other. However, if you wanted to roleplay, the "characters" you played had to be married. The article gave the example of a scenario in which a pirate ravishes a maiden on a desert island, and later weds her (thus making the roleplaying scenario legitimate in the eyes of God or whatever).

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 07:55:29 pm »
(thus making the roleplaying scenario legitimate in the eyes of God or whatever).

Oh good god thats fucking creepy. Its like a parent reading over the script for a school play highlighting dirty words
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 08:17:07 pm »
(thus making the roleplaying scenario legitimate in the eyes of God or whatever).

Oh good god thats fucking creepy. Its like a parent reading over the script for a school play highlighting dirty words

After some Googling I found the article I was talking about. This is an interesting interpretation of Biblical law because the author states that homosexuality and premarital sex are wrong, but watersports and adult nursing aren't.

Offline eldritchMortician

• Neonate
  • Waiting for the TARDIS
    • eldritchMortician's Slab
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 02:57:34 am »

It's creepy, isn't it?

Oh my god where does it say in bible that thou shalt not get on your hands and knees
  Yeahhhhh... they tend to be really... involved with other people's sex lives. To a truly creepy degree. Along with sex being evil and life destroying until your magical marriage ceremony makes it all OK. As long as you don't do anything fun....