Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1532994 times)

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #690 on: July 27, 2013, 06:38:43 pm »
Honestly, that's pretty fuckin' vague. There's nothing to suggest that anything rapey was going to happen, but nothing that completely rules it out. In the end, I'm just wondering why the fuck those 2 are together. "Opposites attract" is not meant to be taken that literally!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #691 on: July 27, 2013, 07:05:45 pm »
The hell is a "headmate"?
SJW term for a split personality.

You're wrong.  It's an SJW term for an imaginary friend.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #692 on: July 27, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »
An imaginary split personality friend.

What I don't understand is, if these people are going to fake multiple personalities, why do they make shitty ones like a vampire who's afraid of pooping? Go balls out, full on Tyler Durden shit.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #693 on: July 27, 2013, 07:17:47 pm »
It always puzzled me that the species distribution of therians wasn't closer to reality. Like it seems like there's a disproportionate number of wolves and big cats compared to, say, cockroaches.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #694 on: July 27, 2013, 07:24:48 pm »
Because bugs are ickey!

Ironbite-and thus nobody wants that to be their spirit animal.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #695 on: July 27, 2013, 07:31:38 pm »
Because bugs are ickey!

A bee wouldn't be a bad spirit animal. You could post crap about being a beekin and get all angry about bee rights regarding honey production. Maybe throw in some insectism as well.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #696 on: July 27, 2013, 07:52:52 pm »
Because bugs are ickey!

A bee wouldn't be a bad spirit animal. You could post crap about being a beekin and get all angry about bee rights regarding honey production. Maybe throw in some insectism as well.

Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #697 on: July 27, 2013, 07:53:58 pm »
Because bugs are ickey!

Dreamworks already made a movie about that, minus the whole 'bee otherkin' thing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #698 on: July 27, 2013, 08:20:05 pm »
Speaking vaguely seriously, would bugs even have theoretical souls?  They're closer to organic robots, seems like.

Speaking sillily, I can imagine a tumblr beekin talking about how she finds herself trying to communicate in dance to her family and how they just don't understand.

Spiderkin, Spiderkin
Does whatever a spider can
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #699 on: July 27, 2013, 09:49:19 pm »
I do want to point out let's not confuse spirit animal with otherkin or therian. They are completely different. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

A spirit animal, in the real term not the "Oh Tom Hiddleston is my spirit animal" way, is a teacher. A guide. Which isn't at all close to the whole otherkin/therian thing at all.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #700 on: July 27, 2013, 11:05:41 pm »
I do want to point out let's not confuse spirit animal with otherkin or therian. They are completely different. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

A spirit animal, in the real term not the "Oh Tom Hiddleston is my spirit animal" way, is a teacher. A guide. Which isn't at all close to the whole otherkin/therian thing at all.
I am going to be a really big pain in the ass, because this is my pet peeve. Apples and oranges are both see-containing fruit with skins that are somewhat hard, intended to protect them, and are warm colors on the color wheel. Both grow from trees, both are edible, both are sweet, both are made into snacks, juices and various confections. Both are common in still life paintings, and both are healthy foods. Why the fuck are they the go-to for "completely different things"? We can't even say it's from olden times, because, IIRC, "apple" used to mean "fruit". Sorry, the rant's not directed at you, the phrase just really pisses me off.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #701 on: July 27, 2013, 11:36:20 pm »

I am going to be a really big pain in the ass, because this is my pet peeve. Apples and oranges are both see-containing fruit with skins that are somewhat hard, intended to protect them, and are warm colors on the color wheel. Both grow from trees, both are edible, both are sweet, both are made into snacks, juices and various confections. Both are common in still life paintings, and both are healthy foods. Why the fuck are they the go-to for "completely different things"? We can't even say it's from olden times, because, IIRC, "apple" used to mean "fruit". Sorry, the rant's not directed at you, the phrase just really pisses me off.

Apples are temperate climate crops and oranges are sub-tropical. One requires a winter to grow whereas will kill the other. One has a hard tightly adhering skin that is edible while the other has a soft loosely attached skin that is largely inedible. The seeds of one are contained in a central core, the seeds of the other are scattered throughout. Cultivation, pest control, harvesting, processing, and types of products produced bare a passing similarity at best.

The beauty of the saying is that they are broadly similar, you would think that it is possible to compare them -- until you look at the details and realize that they are very different and that while making generalizations is possible making meaningful comparisons is not.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #702 on: July 27, 2013, 11:58:32 pm »

Apples are temperate climate crops and oranges are sub-tropical. One requires a winter to grow whereas will kill the other. One has a hard tightly adhering skin that is edible while the other has a soft loosely attached skin that is largely inedible. The seeds of one are contained in a central core, the seeds of the other are scattered throughout. Cultivation, pest control, harvesting, processing, and types of products produced bare a passing similarity at best.

The beauty of the saying is that they are broadly similar, you would think that it is possible to compare them -- until you look at the details and realize that they are very different and that while making generalizations is possible making meaningful comparisons is not.
Pest control, harvesting and processing are man-made differences. Naturally, pest control is mostly luck, harvesting is picking it and processing is what your large intestine does. The other ares are minor differences vs. the rest. They're also a similar size, weight and toughness.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #703 on: July 28, 2013, 12:09:44 am »
It's a decent phrase if used correctly. A lot of people use it to mean "total opposites", when it actually refers to two things that (as Canadian Mojo said) are similar in general, but aren't quite the same thing due to differences in the specifics.

Shane's post if a good example of it being used correctly.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #704 on: July 28, 2013, 12:19:05 am »
Thanks. I haven't used that phrase in forever.

Tho now I want to play the Apples to Apples game.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!