Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533003 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #810 on: August 02, 2013, 02:23:41 pm »
Angel is also the name of the really manly hispanic cop on Dexter :o

"Dammit, Mawwia, you couldn't let it go."

Angel is a unisex/gender depends on the culture name.

I never thought anything odd about Eliot on "Scrubs", even though one of the running gags was that she was given a guy name because her parents thought she'd be an only child.
The best male "Angel" is a vampire who got his own spin-off show.

Angel was more likable (although still occasionally frustrating) on the spin-off, but I found him rather insufferable on Buffy. The entire "I'm tragic" shtick got old really quickly.

We all know you're just a massive Spike fangirl, tho. (Love you.) He's love's bitch but at least he was man enough to admit it unlike Angel.

Tho I find Angel just as hot as Spike. So there's that.
I used to know two female Alexes and a male Kelly, which always used to confuse my parents whenever I'd talk about school when I was younger.

My Shepard eventually has a daughter who goes by Alex. And Shepard's girlfriend is called... *drumroll* Jack. So their household is amusing.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

wrightway

« Reply #811 on: August 02, 2013, 02:31:03 pm »
Angel is also the name of the really manly hispanic cop on Dexter :o

"Dammit, Mawwia, you couldn't let it go."

Angel is a unisex/gender depends on the culture name.

I never thought anything odd about Eliot on "Scrubs", even though one of the running gags was that she was given a guy name because her parents thought she'd be an only child.
The best male "Angel" is a vampire who got his own spin-off show.

Angel was more likable (although still occasionally frustrating) on the spin-off, but I found him rather insufferable on Buffy. The entire "I'm tragic" shtick got old really quickly.

We all know you're just a massive Spike fangirl, tho. (Love you.) He's love's bitch but at least he was man enough to admit it unlike Angel.

Dammit, Booker! Now I need to go find a copy of "Lovers Walk."

"I got her beautiful dresses...with beautiful girls in them!"

I seem to recall an episode of season 5 where it was explained that Buffy just makes both Spike and Angel turn into loons. And the spin off comics show she can't keep any relationship going.

(click to show/hide)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #812 on: August 02, 2013, 03:47:39 pm »
They took his soul back from the evil demon thing, and then tried to reconstitute him.

(click to show/hide)
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #813 on: August 02, 2013, 04:23:40 pm »
I have to admit that I enjoy Angel x Spike as a crack ship.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #814 on: August 02, 2013, 04:30:10 pm »

Actually, on Angel, Spike implied that he and Angel had actually done it one time. Possibly as part of a foursome with Drusilla and Darla.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #815 on: August 02, 2013, 04:58:49 pm »

Actually, on Angel, Spike implied that he and Angel had actually done it one time. Possibly as part of a foursome with Drusilla and Darla.

So maybe the ship isn't as crack as I thought it was (I forgot about that actually)

That being said, whenever things get tense between them I just feel like saying "SHUT UP AND FUCK ALREADY!"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #816 on: August 02, 2013, 05:02:18 pm »
Yeah it's heavily implied that vampires often "mate" with their sires and that that is the case with Angel and Spike. It's certainly the case with Dru and Spike.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #817 on: August 02, 2013, 05:17:54 pm »

So maybe the ship isn't as crack as I thought it was (I forgot about that actually)

That being said, whenever things get tense between them I just feel like saying "SHUT UP AND FUCK ALREADY!"

Hell, just throw Buffy in there and let them have a threesome.

Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #818 on: August 02, 2013, 10:23:22 pm »
The comics sound like a total clusterfuck. I'm really only interested if they bring back Tara. And why not? They brought back damn near everyone else who died in that season.

And now I have the mental image of Spike calling Angel a vampire hipster.

I was referencing an episode of Season 7. Buffy responded, "Oh my God, are you 12?"

Oddly enough, I thought he was pretty cool in Seasons 2 & 3, & that subsequent seasons would have been better if he stuck around. It didn't help that I really didn't give a dick about Spike until Season 7, when he finally stopped acting like a prat. For the most part, I mean, he was funny sometimes.

Haven't seen Angel. It's not airing at the moment, & I've heard it kinda sucks.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #819 on: August 02, 2013, 10:37:22 pm »

Odd, I've heard a lot of disappointment at the fact that it was cancelled and they had to hobble together an ending, which ended up being a cliffhanger.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #820 on: August 02, 2013, 11:11:53 pm »
The comics sound like a total clusterfuck. I'm really only interested if they bring back Tara. And why not? They brought back damn near everyone else who died in that season.

And now I have the mental image of Spike calling Angel a vampire hipster.

I was referencing an episode of Season 7. Buffy responded, "Oh my God, are you 12?"

Oddly enough, I thought he was pretty cool in Seasons 2 & 3, & that subsequent seasons would have been better if he stuck around. It didn't help that I really didn't give a dick about Spike until Season 7, when he finally stopped acting like a prat. For the most part, I mean, he was funny sometimes.

It's good. Not as good as Buffy, but still pretty good. And in one episode Angel gets turned into a puppet.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #821 on: August 02, 2013, 11:42:16 pm »

I don't understand what this has to do with thin privilege.

I feel really bad for kids whose parents make them eat reasonably healthy diets.

That's what I'm getting from this post.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #822 on: August 03, 2013, 12:13:40 am »

Apparently some people think that the only reason why an overweight person would dress nicely is if they are a prostitute. Or that's what it seems to claim.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #823 on: August 03, 2013, 06:34:35 am »

Apparently some people think that the only reason why an overweight person would dress nicely is if they are a prostitute. Or that's what it seems to claim.

I have never heard that before.

Generally it's jeers of "HEY STOP TRYING TO BE SEXY YOU TUB OF LARD!"

And generally it's the thin, healthy people dressed up being accused of being prostitutes.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #824 on: August 03, 2013, 06:53:23 am »

I have never heard that before.

Generally it's jeers of "HEY STOP TRYING TO BE SEXY YOU TUB OF LARD!"

And generally it's the thin, healthy people dressed up being accused of being prostitutes.

I've heard people with big boobs say that they can't wear certain tops because they make them look like prostitutes.

I guess bigger people tend to have bigger boobs, but a thin person could have this problem as well.