Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533364 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #885 on: August 06, 2013, 03:47:14 am »
When will someone change their forum title to "Transnigger"?

That's like, the best word.
I'm more of a transgoatfucker, myself.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #886 on: August 06, 2013, 03:51:23 am »
When will someone change their forum title to "Transnigger"?

That's like, the best word.
I'm more of a transgoatfucker, myself.

...Must not make culturalist joke, must not make culturalist joke...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #887 on: August 06, 2013, 10:00:37 am »
^^ C'mon, you know you wanna do it.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #888 on: August 08, 2013, 09:29:39 am »
Given the reactions she says she's gotten, frankly I'm impressed that she actually realizes that there is a difference.

You know, not everything has to be shoehorned into "best" or "worst."

Aye, it might be a tad misinformed, at worst, but the author does note that there are many differences between coming out as gay and telling people you don't want to have kids...if you, ya know, actually bothered to pay attention whilst reading the entire article (I even read the fuckin comments section).

Personally, I do not want to be a father.  At this point, yes, that does extend even to adoption.  I told my mother this...a year or two ago, methinks.  I was a tad scared, because I knew she was one of those that thought parenthood was a wonderful thing, but she was surprisingly cool about it.  She certainly tried to make a case for it, but she was very reasonable and even said that my reasoning behind not wanting to be a father was very sound: not wanting to give a biological child any of my family's many psychological illnesses, predispositions for cancer, and the simple fact that raising kids is a (typically) 20 year commitment and is problematic in the extreme because, eventually, you're going to have to deal with puberty.  I had enough of puberty's bullshit when I went thru it, I don't want to have to deal with it on a daily basis ever again.

That said, I've received a good bit of snark for it, too.  Basically, treating me like a child that doesn't want to eat his vegetables, and there are those who've acted like I'm nearly a family traitor.  If I want to drink Ramune, eat Hot Pockets, fuck my girlfriend, or not have kids, that's my damned choice.  You don't have to like it.  And, YES, I will eventually get married, and no, my wife will not give one single iota of a fuck that I don't want to be a father.  If its a problem for someone I'm in a relationship with...well, I'm sorry, but if its a huge issue for you, there are better men than me out there, and you're free to take your pick of them once we go our separate ways.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #889 on: August 08, 2013, 09:55:31 am »
Given the reactions she says she's gotten, frankly I'm impressed that she actually realizes that there is a difference.

You know, not everything has to be shoehorned into "best" or "worst."

Aye, it might be a tad misinformed, at worst, but the author does note that there are many differences between coming out as gay and telling people you don't want to have kids...if you, ya know, actually bothered to pay attention whilst reading the entire article (I even read the fuckin comments section).

Personally, I do not want to be a father.  At this point, yes, that does extend even to adoption.  I told my mother this...a year or two ago, methinks.  I was a tad scared, because I knew she was one of those that thought parenthood was a wonderful thing, but she was surprisingly cool about it.  She certainly tried to make a case for it, but she was very reasonable and even said that my reasoning behind not wanting to be a father was very sound: not wanting to give a biological child any of my family's many psychological illnesses, predispositions for cancer, and the simple fact that raising kids is a (typically) 20 year commitment and is problematic in the extreme because, eventually, you're going to have to deal with puberty.  I had enough of puberty's bullshit when I went thru it, I don't want to have to deal with it on a daily basis ever again.

That said, I've received a good bit of snark for it, too.  Basically, treating me like a child that doesn't want to eat his vegetables, and there are those who've acted like I'm nearly a family traitor.  If I want to drink Ramune, eat Hot Pockets, fuck my girlfriend, or not have kids, that's my damned choice.  You don't have to like it.  And, YES, I will eventually get married, and no, my wife will not give one single iota of a fuck that I don't want to be a father.  If its a problem for someone I'm in a relationship with...well, I'm sorry, but if its a huge issue for you, there are better men than me out there, and you're free to take your pick of them once we go our separate ways.

I told my mum that I don't want kids, but she's in complete denial. She had a dream that I was 27 and that I had two children, and she's convinced that it's actually going to happen ::)

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #890 on: August 08, 2013, 10:04:06 am »
You should come back with something like, Well, I had a dream that unicorns came to visit me, but that isn't happening.

• The Beast
« Reply #891 on: August 08, 2013, 10:13:48 am »
You should come back with something like, Well, I had a dream that unicorns came to visit me, but that isn't happening.

I don't think that would work, she would probably take that as proof of unicorns.

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #892 on: August 08, 2013, 10:24:14 am »
Damn. I'm sorry. :(

• The Beast
« Reply #893 on: August 08, 2013, 10:40:56 am »
It's not the end of the world, she's not really horrible about it. It's just slightly irritating. :D

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #894 on: August 08, 2013, 10:43:38 am »
Well, at least she dreamed that you were 27 with kids, instead of 21 or so...at least that's somewhat reasonable, lol.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #895 on: August 08, 2013, 10:45:20 am »
And at least it wasn't 27 kids.

My mom will forever think I'll change my mind on kids, but I'm rather sure I won't.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

wrightway

« Reply #896 on: August 08, 2013, 11:15:53 am »
The most responsible thing someone who doesn't want to have kids can do is to not have kids. Children don't exactly thrive in environments where they're treated as burdens.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #897 on: August 08, 2013, 12:10:49 pm »
What about as food source?

• The Beast
« Reply #898 on: August 08, 2013, 12:57:32 pm »

Well, listen up, sonny Jim: I ate a baby. Oh, aye, Baby: the other, other white meat. Baby: it's what's for dinner.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #899 on: August 08, 2013, 01:24:01 pm »

Well, listen up, sonny Jim: I ate a baby. Oh, aye, Baby: the other, other white meat. Baby: it's what's for dinner.

Why relegate baby-eating to just dinner?  They're good for any meal of the day!  After all, what makes a morning more than some eggs, thin-sliced baby bacon, and some fresh-squeezed baby's blood?  Finger-lickin good!