Author Topic: Stan the man caught in an "error"?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Stan the man caught in an "error"?
« on: August 05, 2012, 08:52:30 pm »
It seems he's claiming that it's "Exodus International" who is being accused of being the ones who support Uganda's death-to-gays law.  Using that lie as the basis for this post he's claiming that it's Uganda, Chick-Fil-a and Exodus International who are being persecuted.  Ironically, he claims that it's the "leftists" who are against "tolerance".  Uh huh.

Fortunately, someone over there has corrected Stan's "error" and pointed out that

1) it's another group who supports the Ugandan law

2)  it's one thing to just state one's opinion and another thing to support groups that want to take other people's rights away.

Stan went and made a post about it.

Look carefully though.  So far, no actual rebuttals or defenses about Uganda's law or the xian groups supporting it, or retractions of the claim that it's the "left" who's trying to take people's rights away.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Stan the man caught in an "error"?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 08:53:46 pm »
Please tell me why I should care about this idiot enough to not mangle his corpse around the current despot who's leading Uganda?

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 10:04:45 pm »
Because you can compost his corpse.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:11:02 pm »
The large amount of christians who don't care that chick-fil-a is giving money to a group that seems to advocate killing homosexuals?

EDIT  Anytime anyone advocates this kind of thing, they and those who agree with them should be exposed publicly I figure.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:51:36 pm by the_ignored »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 06:24:30 pm »
There is absolutely no reason to be "tolerant" of the the religious extremist's belief systems, if they are based so heavily on hate for other groups.

The time for treating these people as an intelligent opposition is over.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer