Author Topic: Louisiana textbooks: KKK ok, evolution disproven and Loch Ness monster alive  (Read 11577 times)

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
A memory.   I remember when I wanted to introduce a dinosaur and prehistoric animal to my Kindergarten... or maybe 1st period class... I can't remember now.   Anyway... my teacher said it was too complicated.  I couldn't fathom that.  I thought everyone knew what I knew... On into biology... such a fascinating subject... when not compromised, of course.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
Well that's it time to move from Louisiana we had a good run state you know with the hurricane and the mass poverty and the lax laws on criminals and the horribly corrupt state government good times good times.
lol - filled up this book...

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
"the [Ku Klux] Klan . . . In some communities it achieved a certain respectability as it worked with politicians." 

Well, that much is true. Just not the way the textbook authors intend it.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
What the hell?!  How can you have your textbooks praising the KKK?

I really feel sorry for the kids having to go through such bullshit.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
I can only be thankful to my parents for having a subscription to childcraft and other secular informative books.  I don't know what or where I'd be without them.

My guess is somewhere on the mainpage.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

shykid

Isn't this pretty much blatantly unconstitutional? If not, could someone with legal expertise (paging erictheblue...) kindly explain to ignorant ol' me how it is not? From the Googling around and legalese reading I've done, it seems to be, but there's a reason I'm just a number cruncher and not a lawyer.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Isn't this pretty much blatantly unconstitutional? If not, could someone with legal expertise (paging erictheblue...) kindly explain to ignorant ol' me how it is not? From the Googling around and legalese reading I've done, it seems to be, but there's a reason I'm just a number cruncher and not a lawyer.
You say that as though the Constitution stops Christians from doing as they please. That's now how it works around here.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Whore of Spamylon

• Bishop
Well, considering that David Duke won 55% of the white vote during the 1991 election for governor of Louisiana, I am not as surprised by this as I would be in a saner world.

As a kid, I dreamed of a world that would resemble science fiction.  Instead, I got a world that resembles satire.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:59:48 pm by Whore of Spamylon »

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
Someone needs to send a team of construction workers to New Orleans, dismantle the Café du Monde brick by brick, and rebuild it somewhere progressive. Beignets are probably the only thing worth salvaging from that state ahead of its inevitable decline into the neo-Dark Ages.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Someone needs to send a team of construction workers to New Orleans, dismantle the Café du Monde brick by brick, and rebuild it somewhere progressive. Beignets are probably the only thing worth salvaging from that state ahead of its inevitable decline into the neo-Dark Ages.

Dont forget jazz and all the cool restaurants oh and me cause well im cool.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline The Aphotic Zone

• Neonate
  • Nomad has wandered far, but he's returned.
This hurts me. As others have said, the real victims of this are the children who have to ingest it during their formative years. I know people are entitled to believe what they want, but I feel the line should be drawn when they foist their faulty ideas onto people too young to defend themselves. I hope that the students can find some help somewhere.
"As a kid, I dreamed of a world that would resemble science fiction.  Instead, I got a world that resembles satire." - Whore of Spamylon

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
..........................................and bleeding through the nose due to stupidity.

Ironbite-just....fuck me running with a fucking spoon.

Right on it.

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.