Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I came late to the party and missed another "apologia for reactionaries" shitfight? Shit!

Yeah, the ad isn't offensive to all men and saying some men are doing the right thing pretty much underscores that.

Good advertising strategy though, offend the dolt right and suddenly everybody is raving about the shit you're hocking to the general public because the dolts go and do your advertising for you gratis. Worked for Nike too.
The Lounge / Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Last post by Askold on Today at 03:22:49 am »
There's another fan theory that the "serious" Mario games are all just plays like Mario 3 and the games where the characters are friendly (like the Mario Kart) are the "actors" just having fun together. Paper Mario games (which I haven't played) apparently have an audience for the combat scenes...
Society and History / Re: The crazy stuff people say on the net
« Last post by niam2023 on January 23, 2019, 10:35:52 pm »
Lady, you are a special kind of stupid.
« Last post by Art Vandelay on January 23, 2019, 09:42:12 pm »
I heard a similar one, except only the first one was a real adventure.  The second one was a dream of Mario's and the 3rd was a play based on the first.
I think that's actually canon. The final cutscene of 2 shows that it's all Mario's dream and to my recollection, Miyamoto confirmed at some point that 3 is indeed a play.
« Last post by Chaos Undivided on January 23, 2019, 09:14:29 pm »
I heard a similar one, except only the first one was a real adventure.  The second one was a dream of Mario's and the 3rd was a play based on the first.

And 64 was a movie or TV show, hence the in-universe cameraman.
« Last post by RavynousHunter on January 23, 2019, 08:42:08 pm »
Politics and Government / Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Last post by dpareja on January 23, 2019, 08:07:17 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfYCzWCoZck

Fuck dammit MSNBC.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but what does this have to do with Trump?

The majority of Americans blame him for the shutdown; furthermore, he told Sen. Schumer that he would take responsibility for the shutdown; this is an effect of said shutdown.

OK, I get it now. Thanks for explaining.

That, and, generally, fuck MSNBC.

EDIT: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/22/davos-billionaires-are-scared-of-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-tax-proposal.html

The current talk of the town at Davos?

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's moderate plan to raise the US federal marginal tax rate on income over $10,000,000 to somewhere between 60% and 70%.

I say moderate because this same tax rate is applied in other countries with a much lower threshold, and there were also once rates in the US kicking in at incomes that high, but those were in the range of 91% to 93%.

She's been a sitting member of the House for three weeks and the global elite are fucking TERRIFIED of her.

I'll tell you what's going on. She represents ME. She represents everyone I know. She represents the normal people. She cares about OUR interests. In my lifetime I have NEVER felt this represented before in government. It's time for government to work for us, as it was intended. To all the people coming out of the woodwork to spew hate: I love that she represents you too, and that her policies will benefit you as well. I feel sorry for all those that can't or won't see this.

EDIT #2:

Oh, maybe THAT is why otherwise politically-savvy Republicans keep making kamikaze runs at everything AOC says.

Surely they realize that every attack on her just raises her profile further. They could just let her be a bomb-thrower in the caucus, a one-termer from one of the bluest districts in the country. Instead, the GOP seems determined to make her a serious presidential contender just by focusing too much on her.

(I doubt she'll be a one-termer, but anyway.)
« Last post by Chaos Undivided on January 23, 2019, 08:05:25 pm »

Fuck dammit MSNBC.

The majority of Americans blame him for the shutdown; furthermore, he told Sen. Schumer that he would take responsibility for the shutdown; this is an effect of said shutdown.

OK, I get it now. Thanks for explaining.
« Last post by dpareja on January 23, 2019, 06:35:55 pm »

Fuck dammit MSNBC.

« Last post by dpareja on January 23, 2019, 06:34:42 pm »
That makes way too much sense...

The other version I've heard is that the last actual Mario game was one of the DS games, since there's a buttload of coins in it. After that, Mario was so rich that he just bribed everyone to retire, and now they spend their days playing party games, go-karting, and playing tennis. Every so often he, Peach and Bowser get together to re-enact the old times.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10