Author Topic: Kansas Board of Health revokes a doctor's license  (Read 1507 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Kansas Board of Health revokes a doctor's license
« on: June 27, 2012, 01:45:53 am »
Because she didn't force 10 year olds to give birth:

In a continuing effort to both curb access to abortion and reiterate their own opinion that there is never any situation where abortion could be necessary for a patient's well-being, the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts has decided in favor of revoking Dr. Ann Neuhaus's medical license. Neuhaus, a colleague of Dr. George Tiller, assisted him by providing second opinions for mental health exceptions for late abortions.
According to the Associated Press, Neuhaus was hoping to have her full medical license restored after spending years only allowed to provide limited medical care for charity work. Instead, an ongoing investigation into 11 patient cases obtained by Operation Rescue became the center of a movement to have her license stripped all together.
The cases all involved girls who sought abortions due to mental health issues from depression to suicide, with an age range from 17 years old to as young as 10. The board alleged that Neuhaus's exams were not thorough enough based on the available records provided, and that her follow up care was inadequate, as she did not recommend counseling or hospitalization afterwards.

Where is Sugarfreejazz? I need to burn down Kansas.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Kansas Board of Health revokes a doctor's license
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 01:48:24 am »
Because she didn't force 10 year olds to give birth:

In a continuing effort to both curb access to abortion and reiterate their own opinion that there is never any situation where abortion could be necessary for a patient's well-being, the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts has decided in favor of revoking Dr. Ann Neuhaus's medical license. Neuhaus, a colleague of Dr. George Tiller, assisted him by providing second opinions for mental health exceptions for late abortions.
According to the Associated Press, Neuhaus was hoping to have her full medical license restored after spending years only allowed to provide limited medical care for charity work. Instead, an ongoing investigation into 11 patient cases obtained by Operation Rescue became the center of a movement to have her license stripped all together.
The cases all involved girls who sought abortions due to mental health issues from depression to suicide, with an age range from 17 years old to as young as 10. The board alleged that Neuhaus's exams were not thorough enough based on the available records provided, and that her follow up care was inadequate, as she did not recommend counseling or hospitalization afterwards.

Where is Sugarfreejazz? I need to burn down Kansas.
fuck kansas

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:21:50 am »
I hope there is some sort of national board of health that can go, "LOL, dumbasses. Here is your license back."

The reasons they gave for revoking it would normally be valid, but it's pretty obvious it's just an excuse. They're revoking it because she was involved in abortions, not because she was a bad doctor.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:23:36 am by clockworkgirl21 »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 02:34:17 am »
A terrorist group had the associate of one of their victims fired by the state government. Wow.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:06:15 am »
Not shocking, coming from Kansas with a right wing fundies like Brownback in charge.