Author Topic: GOP official says God chooses to bless raped women with pregnancy  (Read 1854 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Sharon Barnes, a high ranking state Republican, came to the defense of her conservative colleague who she believes only "phrased it (his statement) badly."

Barnes was quoted by The New York Times saying, "abortion is never an option." Barnes went on to biblically claim that, "If God has chosen to bless this person [the rape victim] with a life, you don’t kill it."

Barnes did not elaborate on her views for post-pregnancy care, or costs.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gop-official-says-god-chooses-to-bless-raped-women-with-pregnancy
(not a onion article)

Okay guys I'm tapping out now. Will someone who lives in a better country like say Canada or Denmark or even Finland come kidnap me and take me to a better place?  This is just soooo f-ing stupid! 
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: GOP official says God chooses to bless raped women with pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »
......'scuse me.

Ironbite-*opens a portal to the nether realms and proceeds to depopulate them*

shykid

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 07:10:13 pm »
Damn, another one? I hope this one gets just as much media attention. Expose how dumb and fundamentalist these out-of-touch fuckers think their constituents are. The GOP doesn't really give a rat's ass about abortion or the value of human life, otherwise their platform would be something besides "let the poor and sick die." They just pretend to care to win over fundies. They would shit their pants if Roe v Wade was seriously overturned, homosexuality was Constitutionally banned, and Christianity was made the state religion because then they wouldn't have anything to rally their base with.

Saturn500

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 07:14:05 pm »
The GOP just keeps digging themselves deeper, don't they?

Who wants to bet one of them will say the N-word next?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 07:31:28 pm »
It's like they're having a competition over who can say the single most ignorant, insensitive, utterly moronic thing about rape.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 08:32:32 pm »
Damn, another one? I hope this one gets just as much media attention. Expose how dumb and fundamentalist these out-of-touch fuckers think their constituents are. The GOP doesn't really give a rat's ass about abortion or the value of human life, otherwise their platform would be something besides "let the poor and sick die." They just pretend to care to win over fundies. They would shit their pants if Roe v Wade was seriously overturned, homosexuality was Constitutionally banned, and Christianity was made the state religion because then they wouldn't have anything to rally their base with.

Quoted for fucking truth.

And anyway, it's clear that they aren't really "Christian" in any meaningful sense, since letting the poor and sick die is probably the last thing Jesus would have wanted.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 08:41:32 pm »
*reads the OP*

*stares in disbelief for a long moment*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus FUCKING Christ!! What the FUCK is wrong with those bastards?!
"God blessed them with a child" Noooooo.... the RAPIST forced himself on the woman and you bastards want to force her to carry an unwanted child to term so it can either grow up in a family that resents it, possibly in very poor conditions, OR you want the child to be one of THOUSANDS already in an overflowing population of kids who jump from home to home, live on and off the streets, experience abuse and turn to a life of crime!

I hope this bullshit doesn't spread to Canada...

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 09:02:57 pm »
The GOP just keeps digging themselves deeper, don't they?

And just how deep are they digging you ask? Let's go to our reporters in the field and find out.

First up we have Steve and Boom-boom the creeper. Steve, how long ago did the pass your location?

Steve: They passed us days ago travelling at an speed I can't begin to calculate.
Boom-boom: They punched right through the bedrock layer like it wasn't even there.

Thank you Steve. Now to our next correspondent, Satan.

Satan: The story here is much like that of Steve and Boom-boom. We saw the bust through the roof and we tracked them until they went all the way through the floor. They were travelling like a bat out of hell.

Thank you, Satan. Now to Ai-li in China.

Ai-li: We saw them burst from the ground and shoot off into the sky. Our radar systems lost track of them somewhere past the moon.

Thank you, Ai-li. Now to Ollie Williams with sports...
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 09:15:57 pm »
Fucking hell... >:(

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 09:19:01 pm »
So she's saying rape is a good thing?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 09:27:48 pm »
So she's saying rape is a good thing?

Yeah, I think she actually is.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 09:32:11 pm »
Toothless?  Mind giving us your thoughts on this matter?

Thank you.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 09:41:45 pm »
Surtur, when you come for Ragnarok, can you burn them first?  Let the rest of us have some peace before we all die.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 12:13:48 am »
WTF is wrong with these people?? Seriously?? It's as if they're having some sort of fucked up pissing contest to see who can say the most batshit insane comment.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 10:29:24 am »