Author Topic: The Alcohol Thread  (Read 14951 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
The Alcohol Thread
« on: January 27, 2012, 10:40:08 pm »
I've made a thread to discuss all things alcohol. This includes likes, dislikes, new and interesting drinks, and recipe.

I'll start with this recipe:

http://www.thedrunkenmoogle.com/post/16118535233/dratini-pokemon-cocktail-ingredients-1-1-2-oz

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz gin (Bombay Sapphire Gin used)
1 1/2 oz Hpnotiq
splash of blue curacao

Directions: For this variation of martini, mix and stir in the ingredients over ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Place a dollop of whipped cream on the side of the glass as a garnish.

That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: The Alcohol Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:05:56 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kAJOSCyTB0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kAJOSCyTB0</a>

Ironbite-obligatory.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 11:49:21 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIUVs-pSk8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIUVs-pSk8</a>

If you'll kindly forward to the 4:37 mark you'll have an example of drunkenness is an alleged children's cartoon.

A highlight of what you can expect to see:

Complete with hiccuping, slurring, staggering, falling over, and the biggest bad of the big bads mooning about "Goo ole Shybertron".
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 04:16:38 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIUVs-pSk8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIUVs-pSk8</a>

If you'll kindly forward to the 4:37 mark you'll have an example of drunkenness is an alleged children's cartoon.

A highlight of what you can expect to see:

Complete with hiccuping, slurring, staggering, falling over, and the biggest bad of the big bads mooning about "Goo ole Shybertron".

Oh, good, they "overfueled."  Yeah, we know what you really mean ;)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 05:31:31 am »
I wish alcohol would let me actually get drunk. Fuckin' genes.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 08:30:42 am »
Funny story about me NOT drinking...

In my family, drinking is uncommon. My dad and one of my aunts will occasionally drink beer, but that's about it. No drinks with dinner. No spiked eggnog at Christmas. Etc. I do drink, but not often. I keep assorted alcohol in my fridge for evenings when I want some, but that's about it.

Shortly after my now-fiancee and I started dating, her parents invited me over for dinner. When I got there, her mother asked if I wanted something to drink. I did not want to look like I was a drunk*, so asked for soda. After I left that evening, her mother pulled her aside and said "are you sure you can be happy with him? I don't think he drinks!" (My fiancee told me that story much later.) So in my desperate attempt to make myself look good, I actually made her mother more worried!  ;D

* I know asking for and having one drink does not make someone a "drunk." I just cannot think of a better way to phrase what was going through my head at that moment. Basically, I wanted to give a good impression of myself, and the way I grew up, drinking was frowned upon.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 10:18:32 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kAJOSCyTB0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kAJOSCyTB0</a>

Ironbite-obligatory.

Damn, you beat me to it.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 02:43:09 pm »
Martini variations?  Oh, time has truly passed me by.  When I tried valiantly to master the martini -- never successfully -- it was cold gin in a glass with the word "vermouth" whispered nearby.  An olive was de rigueur.  A twist of lemon was for wimps. 
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 04:41:42 pm »

Oh, the shit they got away with in the 80s. Just that show will boggle your mind with "Getting crap past the Radar".

Could be worse. You could be missing the genes for hangovers. No, hear me out. A hangover is nature's way of saying "Not gonna do that anymore, are ya?". People missing that "pay back" for their actions are more likely to become bingers.

Barring this advice hop on over to this trope Gargle Blaster And scroll on down to the Real Life folder. Just don't drink the "Aunt Roberta".  ;D
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 04:46:39 pm »

Oh, the shit they got away with in the 80s. Just that show will boggle your mind with "Getting crap past the Radar".

Robin Hood.  The Disney one.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 05:16:18 pm »

Could be worse. You could be missing the genes for hangovers. No, hear me out. A hangover is nature's way of saying "Not gonna do that anymore, are ya?". People missing that "pay back" for their actions are more likely to become bingers.

Barring this advice hop on over to this trope Gargle Blaster And scroll on down to the Real Life folder. Just don't drink the "Aunt Roberta".  ;D

Generally the 'feeling drunk' also tells me I'm gonna regret it in the morning. I never do (get drunk or regret it). So... take of that what you will. I feel more angry at the loss of being genuinely drunk rather than slap happy.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Spong Habsburg

• Apprentice
  • This is satire, right?
    • Hell yes!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 11:19:59 am »
Sod all the poncy cocktails, it's beer all the way for me!
"The expression of polite horror on her face as it fell past mine, plus the sound of air whistling out of the top of her head, made me feel really crap."

If anyone's interested (probably not), I done gone and got a last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Oates_Moustache

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 12:12:36 am »

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 12:14:19 am »

These look appetizing.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 12:19:51 am »
It's actually legal to drink alcohol within the privacy of your home with parental supervision, funnily enough. You just can't buy it for minors or give it to someone who's not your kids or buy it yourself. I've had sips of champagne and oh God it is the worst tasting thing ever. It shrivels the inside of my mouth. My parents actually seemed disappointed when I said I wouldn't drink alcohol unless I had to. They were like "not drinking doesn't make you clever" and "eventually you need to learn how to impress people," but I treat alcohol the same way I do soda (which I hate): I'll drink it if it's there and I have no other option, but don't expect me to like it.